• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SETFSB Clock Generator?!?!?!!?!?!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MagicMonkey

Registered
I have tried clockgen. wont work. now this is the only software overclocking utility that manages to open up. Now i just need to know the clock generator settings my motherboard is made by MSI and the model number is MS-1634X.
The chipset is made by ATI and its running a hd2600 with a turion tl-56 dual core processor. now how do i find my clock generator number???

You need to actually look at the mother board itself. I forget what the part is called, but if you look at the SETFSB site you should see directions on how to find it.

Benn awhile since I played with anything like that. Back when I used a Dell.

Look for the Crystal (It's a little silver thingy. Kinda oval like), and then the chip near it should be the PLL (clock generator).

i just can't seem to find the PLL i always have the bottom of my laptop open because it overheats but i dont see any crystal i have a heatsink that covers my CPU and GPU mobile radeon hd-2600

If your laptop is already overheating, overclocking is not a good idea.

That said, look here and here for what PLL chips look like.

i found the PLL on a motherboard schematic site but it isnt in the drop down menu on setfsb... wat to do now?? *sigh*

Back