• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SETI Calculator

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

{PMS}fishy

Can some one link me to the website that has the seti caculator that estimates your time for certian WUs.

I get a 2 hour difference between AR's. If I use the default AR, I get almost exactly as SETI Spy indicates. If I put in the AR of the current w/u, it shows that it should be completed 2 hours faster.

Any ideas why? :confused:

craigiz1 said:
I get a 2 hour difference between AR's. If I use the default AR, I get almost exactly as SETI Spy indicates. If I put in the AR of the current w/u, it shows that it should be completed 2 hours faster.

Any ideas why? :confused:
Well, what is the AR of your current unit? Something around 11+ could very well take two hours less.

TC said:
Well, what is the AR of your current unit? Something around 11+ could very well take two hours less.

7.390* AR

When I ran it through seti timer it said about 8h 8min.
SETI Spy say's about 10h 2min.

If I leave seti timer at the default AR it compares the same as SETI Spy!?

I'm pretty tired, so I may missing something - but this sounds like an issue with the seti spy calibration. You have to calibrate spy for your particular system.

TC said:
I'm pretty tired, so I may missing something - but this sounds like an issue with the seti spy calibration. You have to calibrate spy for your particular system.

I'm using the preset for the P3 Katmai processor. I don't understand how to get my value's I need to set the calibration.

Any help on this?

when they say "Be sure to enter the effective memory speed, taking into account the double or quadruple data rates of DDR and RDRAM memory." do they mean, 266 by doubling for ddr, or 133 by halving for ddr?

Demont said:
when they say "Be sure to enter the effective memory speed, taking into account the double or quadruple data rates of DDR and RDRAM memory." do they mean, 266 by doubling for ddr, or 133 by halving for ddr?
yes. that's the only way I can get realistic times, so I'm assuming you are correct.

Gravity Man said:

yes. that's the only way I can get realistic times, so I'm assuming you are correct.

errr which one is it? of course one of my thoughts is correct i just dont know which :D 266 or 133?

ITs looking for the speed that your memory is running at. So thats going to be defualt of 266 for DDR, 400 for RDRAM, 133/100 for SDRAM. Also remember to take in any memory dividers.

Demont said:

errr which one is it? of course one of my thoughts is correct i just dont know which :D 266 or 133?
oops... I guess it helps to read sometimes ;). {PMS}fishy was right, though- you should use 266.

Back