• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SETI@Home CUDA GPU client released

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
hmmm... i'm tested new S@H on XP & latest NVidia drivers and it's working and computing really fast...

yea i was completing units like 1 every 2 mins on my gpu but they werent giving me any credit, did it for a few hours and i got zilch... until someone figures out how to make it work im not going to waste any more time on it

Found on the SETI Project Forums:

It is possible to run 5 wu at a time on a quaddie with a gpu (ie 4 cpu + 1 gpu), but you need to have a cc_config.xml with a <ncpus>5</ncpus> statement in it. By default it will run as 3+1. There is a "feeder" app that passes the data to the gpu and BOINC treats it as a task too, even though it only requires a small percentage of cpu time, which is why most of us use a cc_config.xml. If you run this way your RAC should climb.

The ability to correctly run 4+1 without using cc_config is coming in a future BOINC version. Also the ability to run the cpu and gpu versions of the same app (for MB) is coming in a future version. Last news on that was "in a month or two".

Back