• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

setup capabilitys!?!?!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

smk_bud_420

hey i have a d915ag/d915psy mobo with pentium 4 HT running at 3ghz 800mhz fbs and 2 gigs of kingston hyper x ddr2 ram 400...in dual memory mode..en8600gt asus 512mb ddr3 ...(pciex16) and hiatchi 80gb laptop sata hd and a weak little 250watt max hipro psu.with 32bit windows 7 ultamate and xp pro sp3.. it runs ok for blackops and nfs carbon just lags bad when i play mx vs. atv reflex....i am not a big gamer i just like those games and i dont want it to be slow ....well i dont think its laggy just maybe hella slow framerates where im in no control on the game....or u could say full control cuz im not going very fast...lol well if i just got a new mobo to overclock....."i know its a prescot and it puts off a lot of heat and uses a **** ton power but would that do the trick or maybe a 1gb newer graphics? could my power supply not be giving it enough juice?? ive just got into desktops recently because im tiered of xboxxs and ps3s that break all the time so let me know what u guys think ...ur the best and ive reserched its just that thers so many components that could be the problem... thanks again..oh an any thought would be appreciated... im low on cash to so cheap is the main game!!

would asus be fine or is there a better one 1.5gb 9600gt right? gforce or ati or ? just what about mobo ?? dont overclock ??wait till i have a g to throw down on an i7 3ghz

would asus be fine or is there a better one 1.5gb 9600gt right? gforce or ati or ? just what about mobo ?? dont overclock ??wait till i have a g to throw down on an i7 3ghz

An ASUS 9600 GT would be more than enough. Overclocking your Prescott is not going to help much so wait till you have more cash. For what you play a new PSU and a 9800GT will do you well.

ya i did that test and it said i needed 460watt i was runnin 250watt wow ....well imma order one of those off ebay...next time u here from me ill be doing my first build ...i can fabricate little stuff good too so it will be trick thanks

Back