• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED SFF heatsink for i5-4570

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

adrian719

Hey guys,
I'm having some issues with temps during gaming & heavy load with my current build. I've been getting as high as 67C with 24C ambient on my i5-4750.
I'm currently using the stock cooler. I have two 92mm fans in the front of the case and a 140mm fan at the back, moving a total of 86CFM. So the airflow seems fine. I'm trying to find something that is the same basic design as the stock heatsink, with a fan blowing down, or something that would fit, and allow me to blow air straight out the back of the case. I tried putting in a Hyper 212 evo, but the only way it fits is with the fan facing the video card. I know some people have used the H80i in this case, but I would prefer not too. Clearance may be any issue, but I'll only know 100% once I have the heatsink in the case. Max height is 165mm(lets call it 160).
What heatsinks do you guys suggest?

Specs:
Fractal Node 304
Intel i5-4750
Gigabyte H87N-WIFI
XFX Radeon HD 7770
Patriot Viper 3 8GB (2x4GB)DDR3 1600MHz
WD 1TB Black HDD
Corsair CX430M

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    470.6 KB · Views: 535
Last edited:
You aren't having any temp issues, 67 °C is good. You're way under the TJmax. If you just want a better heatsink and you're having clearance issues, then you might want to try a top-down cooler like the AXP-100, Samuel 17, NH-L9i, NH-L12, etc. or maybe a tower cooler that uses 92mm fans instead of 120mm.

You aren't having any temp issues, 67 °C is good. You're way under the TJmax. If you just want a better heatsink and you're having clearance issues, then you might want to try a top-down cooler like the AXP-100, Samuel 17, NH-L9i, NH-L12, etc. or maybe a tower cooler that uses 92mm fans instead of 120mm.

I was under the impression that the max temp for this CPU was 72C.
Ah, "top-down" coolers are what I am looking for. I'll see if I can find some of the ones you suggested, locally.

Thank you!

No problem :thup:

The 72.72 °C is Tcase, which is measured by embedding a thermocouple into the center of the heatspreader. Tcase will always be lower than core temps. The temperatures measured by programs like Core Temp and Real Temp are the temperatures of the processor cores. TJmax is the core temperature at which the CPU will throttle itself for safety purposes, and for the i5 4570 the TJmax is 100 °C. So as long as you're not close to the TJmax, your temps are fine.

No problem :thup:

The 72.72 °C is Tcase, which is measured by embedding a thermocouple into the center of the heatspreader. Tcase will always be lower than core temps. The temperatures measured by programs like Core Temp and Real Temp are the temperatures of the processor cores. TJmax is the core temperature at which the CPU will throttle itself for safety purposes, and for the i5 4570 the TJmax is 100 °C. So as long as you're not close to the TJmax, your temps are fine.

Oh okay. Good to know! Again thanks for the help! I'll mark the thread as solved.

Back