• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Short testing with Gigabyte's MA790X-UD4 and Phenom II X3 710

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sno.lcn

Senior2 Member
Got this board for some brief testing with AMD Phenom II X3 710.

pict0428nv2.jpg

pict0459gg3.jpg

pict0432rn5.jpg

pict0435ez6.jpg

pict0438jo6.jpg

pict0439eu9.jpg

pict0440he2.jpg

pict0442no0.jpg

pict0443ay9.jpg

pict0449uq2.jpg

pict0429qg2.jpg

pict0430dw3.jpg

phenomii7103700mhzeg4.jpg

cinebench3250mhznr9.jpg

crystalmark3250mhzpb9.jpg

geekbench3250mhzlj5.jpg

pifast3575mhzbj3.jpg

wprime3380mhzro6.jpg

superpi1m3575mhznd6.jpg

superpi32m3575mhzxx7.jpg

This is all for now. Coming soon is 720 and DDR3 testing.

From this brief testing though, I will say this board is excellent, especially for the price.

Last edited:
I demand higher scores!

JK, good job man. Wish I had the money to buy all these CPUs, I would love to test the limit of each and everyone of them.

Great testing - thanks for sharing! :):thup:

How was the heat on the board? Those blue-topped radiators don't look very adaptive to alternate cooling methods ...

For benching, I usually pull the blue tops off for better airflow. On this board, the one over the fets was slightly warm to the touch, but nothing unreasonable :)

Thanks so much! You rock!

Were you able to get 2.7 stable?

Also, just wondering, what is max voltage and temps for the 710?

Did you need to bios flash the board to accept the AM3 cpu?

No, the F1 BIOS it shipped with was fine for the AM3 CPU :)

Thanks so much! You rock!

Were you able to get 2.7 stable?

Also, just wondering, what is max voltage and temps for the 710?

Do you mean 3.7? If so, I didn't get it stable, but I haven't messed with it since. I see getting close with some amount of tweaking though.

Awesome. Thanks. I think I'd be happy with 3.4 or 3.5 :D

I've got the Sunbeam Core Contact so that should be doable.

Edit: Ordered!!!!!!!! 710, MA790X-UD4, Sunbeam Core Contact!

Last edited:
i just picked up the same board
for a build for my brother
after sending my replacement biostar board back to biostar

i think he is gonna like the gig board
alot better then a resoldered fet biostar board

so far no probs
running at stock
he just gets a 5000+
for right now

I'd never really seen this thread. Now, I wish I hadn't. 2720 is as high as my 710 will go. I made the dubious error of getting a Jetway (for the included Crossfire bridges and other "convenience" features) instead of a board that was proven to clock well. I've got my eyes on this Gigabyte to replace it...

sno.icn I have the cousin or maybe even the replacement to your board, the ma790x-ud4p......just out of curiosity have you had any problems with stability of cpu-nb over 2200 with this board, I have been having fits with mine and just curious what your impressions were of the board. I like mine for the most part except the fact that alot of people are getting high nb speeds with other boards and figured maybe it was a limitation of the 790x chipset.

BG-O, I would like to see SNO.ICN results as well given that im sorta stuck at 3636 with the 720be. Alot of folks seem to be getting around the 3600 range and possibly higher. Maybe he can elaborate on how we could get higher....no pun intended.

Back