• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Should I buy the A10-5800K or wait for Richland?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Roller6902

Registered
I'm completely confused on this
recently I bought new RAM (Corsair Vengeance 1866 Mhz, CL9, 8 gigs).

Now, I need to buy a new APU to make this APU rig work at its best.

However, reading about Richland, it seems that the A10-6800K is just the 5800K just "refreshed".

Is it really worth it to wait for the CPU in June, or just buy a 5800K?
(Also, Trinity APUs are price-dropping in April)

There will always be something better in the pipe line, you will be waiting for ever if that is the game you want to play. It's just the nature of technology, the promises of things to come. Whether it's worth the wait is up to you.

I believe the A10-5800k can use the ram at 1866 mhz, or at lest the GPU side of it can. I say that because everyone is recommending buying 2100 mhz ram for the Trinity K's. I could be wrong, however.

I believe the A10-5800k can use the ram at 1866 mhz, or at lest the GPU side of it can. I say that because everyone is recommending buying 2100 mhz ram for the Trinity K's. I could be wrong, however.

My mobo actually only goes up to 1866 Mhz accepted, hence why I got such.

However, this still doesn't answer my question. Should I wait or should I buy the 5800k?

There will always be something better in the pipe line, you will be waiting for ever if that is the game you want to play. It's just the nature of technology, the promises of things to come. Whether it's worth the wait is up to you.

+1

If you can find a good sale price then I would say go for it. I got one for 125$ a couple weeks ago for an office workstation I was building for a client, it's a sick CPU.

that was the article i read, which is why it just seems like not huge of a deal. I mean, the slightly better performance may be worth it, but I don't really think the difference would be that significant; definitely not something to wait 3 months for.

Not if you are chomping at the bit today and have a good mobo already for 5800K.
RGone...

I say go for the 5800K. I see no reason to wait 3 months for a processor that's only a minor refresh of one that's already out.

Back