• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which should I upgrade?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vishera

So, I've come across some cash recently and I ordered a new GPU (GTX 750) and it's pretty good, got $65 left and I was wondering what I should do next:

Upgrade my RAM by buying a second 8GB RAM stick, bumping it up to 16GB and giving me dual channel

OR

Buy an aftermarket cooler and try to overclock the CPU portion of my APU (A8-6800K)

I was considering ordering an A10 APU but decided on getting a separate GPU instead and keeping the A8 as a CPU (wouldn't have been able to get an A10 for CPU only purposes). So which way should I go? Not really sure which would be the better option here.

Kind of, it has a bunch of little holes on the side so if you attach a fan to the side panel there'll be an opening for the air to go into/come out of. You can see into it that way

Last edited:
Okay, so that's the non windowed side panel. I was hoping it wasn't so you could get an NH-D14.
Basically you need to stay under 159mm.

Well you can't really go wrong here with either option. Are you close to using your full 8GB during normal usage?

Never really checked. I do YouTube videos so it might be a little bit high while I'm recording, since i have the game running at the highest resolution my monitor is capable of (1280x1024) with all the fancy graphics on max, and a recorder going. I also use lightworks for editing/encoding. The reason I said 16GB was because I just thought more might be better and I wanted to get dual channel, I looked at replacing my current 8GB with a 2x4GB kit as well and it's roughly the same amount.

Back