• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Should I get a new cooler (FX 6300)?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well maybe I misunderstood that post but it appeared st though you had only ran for 20 minutes at 4360?? I'm not going to give you a definate answer on what cooler wil give you what clocks at a certain voltage of if it'll even handle the heat at that voltage becauseI don't know . No one knows every system is different CPUs take differeing amounts of volts for the same clocks as th others. Motherboard supply differs, PSU quality. How many fans..... the list goes on and on. I know exactly within a few thousandths what my systems need and only because I have spent hours upon hours tweaking them, I have no idea where your CPU is going to kick up it's heels but I can tell you that it will. I believe as I have said all along that 2 HRs P95 blend stable @ 4.7 with the CMHyper probably isn't going to happen unless you have managed to get one of the top percentile CPUs. Not impossilble but not very probable either. Most of these FX get very hungry around the 4.5G mark and the volts needed after that point climbs very quickly. I have 3 of them and have help many with theirs in this forum this is what I base this on.
This is a sig
sig.JPG

and this is where you go to put one up.

Capturesig.JPG

This info helps us make an informed decision based on your hardware

Yeah I only ran it for 20mins at 4.36ghz but I did run prime 95 for an hour at 4.3ghz and played bf4 for a few hours and it was 100% stable

Back