• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Should i get fluid xp?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
um... non conductive meaning that if i open a 32oz bottle and squeeze it all over my computer while its on... nothign will happen?

does the stuff freeze? possible to do a submerged setup with this ? like put your pc in an aquarium with this stuff them put it in the freezer?

I got into watercooling because of this stuff, I am way too paranoid of just plain distilled water from the supermarket, there’s no freakin way it’s close to being non-conductive. I've dismissed watercooling for a long time because of this and the fact that it wasn't advanced/affordable enough to compete with high end air cooling.

Anywho, here's a video, one thing I would keep in mind is that it doesn't have 0 conductivity, and pouring anything into a high current unit, such as a power supply will likely result in failure.

Link to review

To my knowledge, no one has taken this to a lab and has had it analyzed. If anyone has documented facts on what this fluid contains, please post a link.

The only downside is this stuff costs more than Vodka, but less than 5 drink+ tips at the bar. Unless you drink domestic beer(yuk).

CoolerMaster also has a non-conductive fluid that comes with their Aquagate, when and if they start selling it separately, the prices may drop on Fluid XP.

My suggestion, be extra careful when making the loop and run it for a couple of days to make sure you don’t have leaks and use water and buy yourself a nice drink. If you feel like blowing some money on this stuff, be my guest. Is $25 worth feeling more secure?

Hmmm…. Wonder how well/bad Vodka would work :p~

kiyoshilionz said:
Man, you could just get some completely pure distilled water, it shouldn't conduct electricity.

Tap water --> impurities, metal ions, slightly acidic --> conducts electricity
Distilled water --> no impurities, no ions, neutral --> doesn't conduct

It's a chemistry thing, I could spend hours explaining it LOL

pure water is HIGHLY corrosive and will not stay pure for 1 second in an avg water cooled system.

its a chemistry thing and you obviously havent finished your courses...

deionized water would be better than distilled.....

(certified to treat water for populations over 100,000) Class AT.

Back