• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Should I get the $11.00 cpu?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DocClock aka MadClocker

I was given a mainboard in socket 939...seems complete....sli bridge, sata cables, driver disk etc.

It is a Gigabyte K8 Triton Nforce 4 SLI series board and it uses ddr400, and I have the option of using either 1 6600gt or I can rob a pair of 8600gt's from two different computers.

Is it worth the $11.00 to get the cpu and play with it?

Should it be able to run Ghost Recon AW2 with the single 6600gt with 1 or 2 gig's of ddr400?

Any thoughts are most welcome, and Thank You in advance :)

939 was one of the most fun to tweak platforms ever. Spend the roughly $10. :thup:

Yea, I ordered it.. If the free board doesn't work, I know somebody who could use an extra cpu core... She has a 939 3800+ Venice and her board is dual core ready, so I know it won't go to waste.

I just hope the board is good, I remember hearing that the Nforce4 chipset was a good one for stability.

OOPS: I forgot to mention that the CPU for $11.00 was a dual core: Athlon 64 X2 3800+ Toledo core :Edit

Back