• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Should I mine with my 2nd 3090?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Id keep em all 3 too, but you gotta know how to pick your fights, its better to regret selling a GPU than regret fighting with your wife over a stupid GPU

If you are fighting with your wife over a GPU you may have other problems. This is one of the reasons I keep my wife in the Crypto loop. I never get any push back from her on a hardware or crypto/stock purchase.

Now, my RC car habit is an issue.

If you are fighting with your wife over a GPU you may have other problems. This is one of the reasons I keep my wife in the Crypto loop. I never get any push back from her on a hardware or crypto/stock purchase.

Now, my RC car habit is an issue.

bro you are missing the point, it aint about crypto, its about keeping to an agreement

I am not missing the point, my point is I keep her in the loop with what I do and I don't have to make an agreement to sell something to buy/do something else. By keeping her in the loop she also sees the value of growing the farm.

We aren't fighting. lol.

It's not a big deal. I'll still do quite well mining the dual 3090s. And my wife will be fine with me selling the 2070 - I'm already ahead, as my original plan and the deal we made was to buy the 3090 and Ebay it for some profit to put toward the motor in my truck.

As it is now, I'm more than doubling the budget for my truck - upgrading the motor and rebuilding the transmission, too, AND I get to keep the 3090, only selling off a 2070 Super which is fairly marginal on profit anyways.

I think I'm coming out well ahead, and my wife is ok with it - pushing the issue isn't worth it, why would I?

<edit> AAAAAAAAAAaaaaannnnnnd I'm not contributing to the profiteering in the GPU industry. Not a huge deal, but something to feel good about, as well.

So you're selling the 2070 for under the original MSRP correct? LOL sorry had to.

So you're selling the 2070 for under the original MSRP correct? LOL sorry had to.

Meh, yeah well, I guess you have a point there.

But no, no I'm not. lol

<edit> But this one's been used for a year and a half and the money is for upgrading. Not buying brand new, marking up and selling. Honestly I don't care if people do that, it's the market. It is what it is. It's cleaning out distributors of product and marking them up that irritates me, it's artificially creating a supply shortage to push the price. But oh well...

Back