• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

should i replace my cpu now or wait.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cmatties

wht you guys think. should i wait till zen and go all new or should i replace my 9370 with a 8350 now or wait till zen comes out.

cpu just took a dump tonight while i was in a 2 day witcher 3 fest. so as of right now i don't have a desktop that can play any of my games. also laptop im on now is junk. so i m at a crossroads now. do i wait or do i buy now?

also any news on when zen is actually going to drop?

:mad::mad::mad:

Grab a cheap FX 6300 OC it and have that do you for a little bit?

+1. You already have the frame work to support this, and black friday is coming in a few days. I imagine the AMD processors will most definitely go on sale (I purchased my 8320 years ago for 90$ on newegg on cyber monday or black friday [dont remember which])

Ether FX-6350 or FX-8350, your choice till Zen comes out then upgrade or stay as is :)
Oh BTW, Get back to Folding :)

well here is an update to my issues. last while looking for my invoice for my cpu. I decide to give it one more shot. put the cpu back into the mobo and placed the block back on it. hit the power button and she fired right up.

Before anyone starts asking. Yes i did clear the cmos as soon as it happened. it sat unplugged for a month. havent messed with it. what could of cause this to happen?

put it back in and shes running better then she did before. tested her last night ran prime95 all night and not a single fail. so i am dumb founded at this issue. everything pointed to the cpu as the fault. cpu led light on the mobo even after clearing the cmos in the beginning.

I wonder if in the first place something (like PSU) overheated such that some thermal protection safety device kicked in but then cooled down and reset itself later. I would run some software that would tax the not only the CPU heavily but GPU heavily at the same time to put some strain on the PSU. Prime95 stresses the CPU strongly but the GPU not at all. Many GPUs pull more watts than CPUs and so you need to engage them in order to stress the PSU.

Last edited:
i have done some more test. and it seems to be a better cpu now. i've been running f@h for two days now with no breaks. also the gpu is folding as well. so putting a lot more sress on the psu. not one crash. so i'm still dumb founded on this one still. well i'll keep testing it ans see if anything happens.

if you have the money try to spend like 130 on cheapest lga 1151 motherboard u can find with g4560 and wait for zen or if u want to go with good proccesor fast go for 6500 6600 6600k and spen more on motherboard, also zen i supposed to be here february 2nd.

if you have the money try to spend like 130 on cheapest lga 1151 motherboard u can find with g4560 and wait for zen or if u want to go with good proccesor fast go for 6500 6600 6600k and spen more on motherboard, also zen i supposed to be here february 2nd.

Did you read the thread? >.>

And where did you hear that? That's not a confirmed release date. I'm quite sure, in fact, it's due early March.

Back