• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Should I RMA my MSI 870-G45?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ZeiKu

hi guys, i wanna ask a question that im still trying to decide on, i have an MSI 870-G45 motherboard, apparently one of the RAM slots went bad which is DIMM 1(aka First slot near the CPU) others all work though, computer still boots up and is stable. around xmas im planning to purchase an ASUS AM3 motherboard, but for the meantime ill use the MSI, but should i RMA it? i dont wanna go through all the hassle and removing everything, let me know thanks

Specs:

AMD Phenom II Quad Core 965 BE 3.4ghz
MSI AM3 870-G45 Motherboard
4GB RAM Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600mhz
Saphire Vapor X HD 5750 1GB GDDR5
Rocketfish Module 600w PSU
640gb Western Digital Caviar Black SATA
LG DVD Drive

I would, just for the fact that if when you go to upgrade, you decide to sell it, you'll get more money for a fully functional board.

All the more reason to RMA it unless that was caused by your abuse. Of course, I have backup equipment on hand so to RMA a motherboard doesn't mean I would not be able to compute until the new one arrived.

All the more reason to RMA it unless that was caused by your abuse. Of course, I have backup equipment on hand so to RMA a motherboard doesn't mean I would not be able to compute until the new one arrived.

Hehehe. I thought having a spare was cheating? Kidding man. RGone...ster.

Back