• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Should I?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EXGN

Hi guys .. new here..names JAY

I finished building my rig about 2 weeks ago but just wondering about water cooling and overclocking. I have never ran water cooling but setups I have seen look just epic! plus I want to get more out of my CPU then just 3.2ghz.

If money wasn't an issue, what parts would you recommend for water cooling?

Here is my rig

CPU: Intel Core i7-3930K
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100 (Push/Pull)
Fans: Corsair AF120 (x5)
Motherboard : ASRock X79 Extreme11
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws Z Series 64GB
Storage: Intel 520 (240GB x2 Raid0)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 670 4GB (X2 SLI)
Case: Corsair Obsidian Series 800D
Power Supply: SeaSonic 1250W
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 (64bit)

If you need any more info let me know

Appreciate the help and look forward to enjoying my stay. :attn:

Hmm... Love the rig... If you went 100% water cooling, you'll need to change out the video cards that have water blocks on them. Or just water cool the CPU like you're doing now but with better / larger tubing and CPU block and rad. I don't do extreme water cooling rigs however you came to the right place.

You should be able to hit 4.7GHz at ~1.40 Vcc, and w/ your current H100 that equates to core temp's in the ~60-65C range (Distance to TjMax = ~20C) depending on the case / ambient temp., and while running IBT.

Thanks so far guys.. I picked up 3 more fans and modded my case to increase intake.

As far as this post. I was asking if I should water cool and if so what parts should I get.

Back