• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Show me example of pull configuration

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It is just a radiator with a fan 'pulling' through the radiator it instead of pushing though it. (You could have asked asked this in your other thread, note. You want to keep like things in the same thread where possible. :)).

pushpull.png

yes i see so if i can only do pull configuration then the air goes up
Uhhh... it goes wherever the fan is pointing...

Pull literally means its on the front of the radiator PULLING the air through the radiator.

is a push pull better than just a pull configuration though?

It is, especially on radiators that have dense fin arrangements. But why would you do that? Do you personally need every degree C that it could make things cooler? If not, I woldnt worry about it. If you just want to do it to do it, go for it! :)

That said, in this section we have some basic watercooling guides. Read them. Perhaps twice or more. The basics you are asking questions about are thoroughly covered in the sticky threads. :)

Here's a live example of ED's drawing on my CPU Cooler! AJ. :):thup:

This is a PUSH,PUSH and PULL set up.

Attachments

• AJ Italian Build 06.jpg
    AJ Italian Build 06.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 108
  • AJ Italian Build 08.jpg
    AJ Italian Build 08.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 111
  • AJ Italian Build 61.jpg
    AJ Italian Build 61.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 120
I was told by someone that an EK H30 HFX 360 will fit in an NZXT 820 Phantom case but only in pull configuration because of the size of the radiator

Nothing wrong with pull. You do not need every degree C it MAY benefit. You are not breaking records. Just run what you have in a pull config and you should be fine.

Nothing wrong with pull. You do not need every degree C it MAY benefit. You are not breaking records. Just run what you have in a pull config and you should be fine.

Thank you that took alot of weight off my shoulders lol

Has i said in your other topic, one 360mm rad cooling only the cpu should give you a good performance provided you use proper fans. I suggest scythe gentle typhoon ap-15.

I got 2 thin rads, a 140mm and a 240mm. Its going to be push or pull, but i cant deiced which to go for?

Pro / Con on push or pull?? What is the better solution?

Back