• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Shuttle XPC IDE cable.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ninety-9 SE-L

For those of you familiar with the Shuttle PC. There's an IDE cable that's pre-threaded through the case that is specific for a CD/DVD drive. Well, I was looking inside and I noticed that the case had torn a piece of the cable. You can see through to the copper and I'm sure some of the copper is knicked or broken.

It's a pretty unique cable, special length and the thickness is different then most other IDE cables. I figure I can only get it through Shuttle. I used a form on shuttle's website to tell them the situation and that I needed one ASAP. I got an email back saying I should have Newegg take care of it. I'm like WTF!!! Newegg can't do anything unless I take out the processor, take out the ram, pack it back up and send the entire case back for RMA. I reply to the email, it gets bounced back, I use the form again and no response. GOD DAMN THAT PISSES ME OFF. There's no contact information on their website, if there was a phone number, I'd give them hell until they overnighted me the package (I need it tomorrow).

I can't find another IDE cable that'll fit through the case like this one. What should I do? Is there somewhere I can get another one fast. Rounded IDEs are too thick. Here's a picture below:

DSC02303.jpg

DSC02307.jpg

that looks like a ribbon cable thats been folded in half, possibly quarters. do you have an ide ribbon cable you could substitute for it?

it quarters, but it's not actually folded. The 40-pin IDE ribbon is actually cut into 4 strips of 10 wires, stacked, and then wrapped in heatshrink. It's also 27.5" long which means it's custom cut.

I was finally able to get a number and they are sending me one first class. yay.

well it's nothing special any old ide cable will fit and you shouldn't worry about how messy it will look temorarily..

well, it's the way it fits through the case, besides, once the computer is finished, I won't have much time to mess with it, so I'm hoping it will be fine the first time and I won't have to go in for anything else (cept cleaning it out)

take a regular flat ide cable and then take a razor blade, slice down every 10 wires inbetween the wires...just be very careful.

then use some electrical tape, or what ever you have laying around and tape it flat, its exactly how they do it...

Back