• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Silent gaming rig! [Final suggestions]

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I don't trust a passive cpu cooler.. I'm just going to stick with the noctua.. And, maybe disable the fans to see how the cpu would do without the cpu-fans.. ^^

as you wish.:thup:

EDIT:
Don`t forget to use the rubber screws that noctua supplies because the fans tend to transmit vibrations into the case.

Looks good to me.
If you want to buy now, then that GPU selection is good. If you want to wait (atleast for the GPU) for a couple of weeks, the AMD board partners should be releasing the non-reference cooler designs of the 290X. Just something to think about.

I`d say go for it, only thing that concerns me is the clearence of the cpu cooler, fractal says "Supports CPU coolers with height of ca 160mm" and the noctua is 158mm tall.

Looks good to me.
If you want to buy now, then that GPU selection is good. If you want to wait (atleast for the GPU) for a couple of weeks, the AMD board partners should be releasing the non-reference cooler designs of the 290X. Just something to think about.

why should I wait for the 290x? Is it great? ^^

I dont have much experience with Asrock honestly so I coulnt say. The z77e-itx board I have has been pretty solid while I've used it on my htpc/gaming rig.

You may want to look into some reviews of the RM series. I haven't seen much good about them around the web.

I dont have much experience with Asrock honestly so I coulnt say. The z77e-itx board I have has been pretty solid while I've used it on my htpc/gaming rig.

You may want to look into some reviews of the RM series. I haven't seen much good about them around the web.

my psu?

Back