• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Simple Question. Which one?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Big_Pimp_Modder

Registered
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128435

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131631

I already know about the diff between the 2 boards crossfire and that doesn't bother me too much. I had an ASUS back in the AMD Thunderbird days, and I loved that board. Then I got the ASUS M2N32-SLI Deluxe ($179 at the time) and wasn't impressed at all. I have a Gigabyte now (GA-MA770-UD3) and I have my x2 Phenom 555 running at 4.0GHz on air. Idles at 22-26c, full load at 36c. Just want some opinions between the 2, as to which one is the better deal and more stable/user friendly. Also want to know if ASUS has gotten any better since my M2N from 2007.

I haven't owned an Asus board for awhile, So I can't comment on anything recent from them, I never had any issue's with their boards in the past. I love my Gigabyte board, Seems you like yours as well, So IMO no need to jump ship now if the Gigabyte board has everything your looking for in regard to features.

I own ASUS almost exclusively and personally can't imagine an issue with the M2N32, which is the AM2 version of the A8N32 s939 boards. I am currently running four A8N32's so it's obvious what I think of them and their successors, the M2N32 and (another board I own) the M3A32.

Both boards you linked use 890GX chipsets and both are from companies that have made very good OC'ing 790 chipset boards so I'd say it's a toss-up as far as their OC ability goes. Considering your bad experience with the M2N32 I'd say you are better off with the Gigabyte and in your case I'd probably say that even if I thought the ASUS was the better board ... ;)

On a hard drive stand point, I like the Gigabyte. Total of 8 sata and 2 IDE. Most boards can do good overclocking these days...

Back