• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED single 1500VA 980w or two 1000VA 600w

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wagex

Chapstick Eating Premium Member
single 1500VA 980w or two 1000VA 600w

both are APC. i can get either for $100

the 1500 is used will need new batteries soon, it is rackmount. batteries will be about 80 bucks when i need to get them. and i have to drive 3 hours one way to pick it up... it was an hour and a half id be fine 6 hours is a little much.
link to stats

the 1000's are 50 bucks each, refurbed from newegg so they should have new batteries and be ready to go though the runtime is almost half of the other one at the same wattage according to newegg and APC this one is rackable too though it doesnt seem like it...
stats link

which would you choose and why?

my server / networking equipment is mostly all that is going to be running from this

i guess i could always take the second 600w one inside and run my sound system off of it lol

Last edited:
I would run 2. Mostly to separate things on the UPS like leaving the network alone on one UPS, and my computer/screens on the other one.

kind of what i was thinking seeing as how the extra runtime isnt going to help since il be running the parachute software to shut the server down until power comes back on anyways i think so the extra 20 mins of runtime aint gonna help much.
although i cant find any racking information about the smaller one i see it can lay down on its side so maybe its just intended to lay down on a shelf or something in the rack? idk why else they would put the 2u specification in the description of it.

:( i wanted the epeen of having a sexy rackmount ups to help fill out my rack ;) lol but i really dont think i can do the 6 hour round trip by myself with my 4 month old daughter lol. so i guess i don't really have much of a choice now that i think about it. unless i could find a babysitter which im still not comfortable with.

edit decided to go with the two 600w ones even though they arent made for a rack, my epeen just shrank 3 cm today :'(

Last edited:
Back