• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Six Core, slow?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Wait mud are you sure? I swear when I bought my 5770 it was for DX10. Just checked newegg, I don't know how I missed that it was DX11. Well budget wise then these guys are right go for the 5770.

Most games aren't written for quad-cores so don't think just because you have a six-sore your going to be able to push everything. I read a tom's hardware article that showed currently most of todays game never use over 3 cores.

Like mentioned above i would have spent less on the CPU and more on the GPU.

Most games aren't written for quad-cores so don't think just because you have a six-sore your going to be able to push everything. I read a tom's hardware article that showed currently most of todays game never use over 3 cores.

+1

Yeah, realized that now. Your dead on Sir, but I wish I was a little
smarter at the time. I did alright but I certainly could have done
better. DX 11 isn't a requirement but yes, I could get him a 5770
or 5750 and run modest to high quality in many games he plays.
I prefer Nvidia but that's because I've used ATI several times in the
past and the drivers/catalyst program gave me nothing but trouble.
I purchased an EVGA 8800 GTS and I have had a more smooth time.

What's done is done and I will have to be more cautious and
mindful next purchase.

Trust me you're not the only one the 5770 gave me a huge amount of problems but in all fairness though the card really is great. If you find the majority of people who've got it to work flawlessly they'll tell you it's a damn good deal for anyone on a tight budget.

Back