• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

skate. Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The only thing that bothers me about the demo is the camera...it's almost impossible to judge height and distance when the camera is 3 inches off the ground. Other than that, it's awesome. I really like the grind system, just jump onto a rail and balance naturally. Manuals are way too easy now, though.

stylistically, i like it; it's got the feel of the standard skateboard-cinematography method of someone skating behind holding a camera down low; sort of reminds me of the roadie run; i like the look, but yeah, it could make gameplay a bit tricky; then again, not knowing what's coming up is cool

Never played P8 actually...I gave up long before then.
You may or may not like it. I liked the ability to create huge flowing lines throughout the entire town. It, in my opinion, finally crossed the line between realistic and arcade. It's arcade all the way. I recommend a rent. Also, you won't finish the story, once you unlock everything (like, halfway through) you'll stop doing missions.

So, I got the Skate. demo yesterday along with the THPG demo. I played skate and my jaw dropped so hard it smashed into the THPG demo and deleted it.

Really I played both and realized that my favorite skate series since its conception is pretty much the most ridiculous POS I was ever sucked into playing for so long. Realism has never been so much fun. I have seen the light.:eek::eek:

So, I got the Skate. demo yesterday along with the THPG demo. I played skate and my jaw dropped so hard it smashed into the THPG demo and deleted it.

Really I played both and realized that my favorite skate series since its conception is pretty much the most ridiculous POS I was ever sucked into playing for so long. Realism has never been so much fun. I have seen the light.:eek::eek:

After playing Skate I don't even UNDERSTAND how Tony Hawk is played anymore. I actually have 1, 2, and 3... can't remember how to play.

Not at ALL.

After playing Skate I don't even UNDERSTAND how Tony Hawk is played anymore. I actually have 1, 2, and 3... can't remember how to play.

Not at ALL.

Yeah...It took me 10~ versions of Tony Hawk and 20 minutes with Skate to realize that I was playing a button mashing SPORTS GAME. How eff'd up does that even sound?

So the game is out, i got mine, but cant play it for another 5 buisness days when i get my 360 back... what do yall think?

Back