• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

sleep mode and CPU CORE voltages

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Liquidsky561

ok, wasnt sure wether to put this in cpus or motherboards, but i have a question.

My AMD 965 i manually set to 3.6ghz @ 1.344 volts in the bios.

when i run HWMonitor that confirms my settings. Now i put the computer to sleep this morning heading out to work, got home for lunch and when i wake it from sleep mode i run HWMonitor and it is now running at the motherboards default 1.440volts setting that i had upon installation. When i reboot into bios, it shows the 1.344 i have set manually.

this has happened since install, and i usually shut my pc down when not in use, because of this, but decided to make a post about it, so does this mean i can never put my computer to sleep? or actually is 1.440 a high/dangerous voltage? if it is a normal or safe voltage i will leave it and just go for 3.8-3.9ghz... but i would figure id ask.

Thanks.

1.44 volts is quite safe.

I have always found sleep mode to be a problematic technology and I never use it anymore on desktops.

Back