• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SLI Setup upgrade. Need new CPU + Mobo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SouleD

Registered
Hello, boxing day is happening and a whole bunch of great deals are floating around so I thought it was the perfect time to upgrade my CPU and I just found myself an i7 4790k for 329$ on amazon and trying to find an SLI compatible mobo to go with it. I'd love to hear your suggestions.

I live in Canada BTW :p

Almost any Z97 board will be SLI compatible.(mind the slot layout. Some low end Z97 boards do not have the slot layout for SLI like the ASRock Z97 Anniversary) What are you looking for?

My top picks are the ASUS Z97A, and the ASRock Extreme 4 and 6.

Even low end non- split 4 phase boards with a heatsink will hold a 4.5Ghz OC on that chip.

You dont need an upgrade that CPU is more then capable, AMD boards like your UD3 which if its a rev 4 are very good

You dont need an upgrade that CPU is more then capable, AMD boards like your UD3 which if its a rev 4 are very good

The FX processors bottleneck new SLI setups pretty badly.

Look at a Z97 Extreme6 to go with that 4790K.

Back