• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SLK-900-U Fan Mounts

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Demonghast

Just waiting for my cpu and new tower before I assemble my new system and while working with the heat sink I found that the fan mounts don't reach far enough for the 92X92X25mm EverCool fan. The wires just don't quite seem to make it to the bottom set of holes while the top set are too high. I have a fan from a Speeze hs that I liked because it has a brushed silver finish that's only an 80mm which fits fine until I put the chrome fan guard over it then again I have the problem of the clips not fitting. Is there a good way of fitting fans on this hs? Besides drilling new holes that is. I dug out my box for my old sk-7 and looked through the huge assortment of clips that came with that but they are all made for 80mm or smaller fans (thought maybe I could bend one since they have that under-hook on the clips).

The other thing I really noticed was that the dead zone on this fan covers most of the heat sink. If I get a fan shroud for it will I still have the same problems attaching the shroud?

PS: I took some pictures I wanted to post but basically there's too much chrome and shiny copper. All the pics came out looking like the flash of a nuclear explosion!

Thanks in advance!

I have a 900U with a 92mm Enermax on it and it fits fine (in my opinion) but I think you should've gotten more than one set of fan clips with your 'sink anyway. I'm pretty sure the diff clips are for different size fans and my 'sink also has 3 sets of holes.

here's a pic of what should've been included

My Panaflo 92mm H1A fits very nicely on my SLK900U. You may need to bend the wires a bit to fit some fans. I didn't need to but my fan is pretty slim.

Found a solution to put the fan guard on there by putting in some screws for the clips to sit in. They sit a bit higher and works fine.

There were 3 sets of clips for this one too 90mm, 80mm and what must be for a 60mm fan. Even though they have the holes at different heights on the hs it should still come with various sets of clips for different depths on the fan. Oh well. Guess you just can't beat the classics.

Anyone care to recommend a shroud for this hs? Or should I just build my own?

Back