• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Small case for my specs.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Honestly Exteez, at $40 for the Core 1000 you're not going to find a better case for that price. I didn't realize your budget was so tight. Here's 2 thoughts though.

1. Your case will be your longest lasting component of your build and could/should last for 2-4 build before becoming outdated.

2. The case is what you will actually look at on a daily basis, especially if there's no window to drool at your rigs' inners.

I'm not trying to convince you to spend more, I'm just trying to make sure you don't buy simple because of price and get bored with it later.

Yes but windows comes on a CD, how am I going to boot it up straight away if I don't have anything installed on my PC..

You download the Windows installation files onto a USB stick from your current PC now, and install it on your new PC later. You will still need to buy a license, of course, but you can do that via the web or you can buy the physical version and use the USB installer instead. BTW if you have a computer now, that computer has an optical drive that you can bring over to the new PC. But you don't need it. Not in 2015.

Listen to Blaylock. Don't buy a "non-name" case. The Core 1000 is a much better layed out case, I assure you.

I think he's saying that the Depth, he references the dimension with a D, is too great with the FD 1000. That being said, i don't think you will find a case with a short depth that would fit all of your components. That case is a great little one at a good price.

Thank you, I think I will go with the Core 1000 since the reviews are good. It is a bit too long but it should be fine I guess. I was being fussy about the CD drive because I'm not experienced with the USB thing and I don't know how to transfer windows from CD to USB. I guess I will just maybe transfer the CD drive over to the other PC just for the installation. But that is kind of a drag..

Exteez are in the US, Britain or somewhere else?

What are the maximum dimmensions your looking to achieve?

I am in the UK. The minimum would be the dimension of the Core 1000. Absolutely no bigger than that.

edit: maximum not minimum

Last edited:
You can setup your location in your profile so we all know...

And I think you meant the MAXIMUM, right, as you say no bigger than that. ;)

Back