• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sneaking up on you Subpar!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I've been scouring the interwebs for gpus Silver. It's looking like I could be a 970 owner pretty quick if I get the aok from the boss :) but probably not till my b-day in September so you've got some time to make headway!

Crap! That means i need to start looking myself.. And i dont have that money set aside yet :-/

Im not too concerned, i have the capacity to grow :)

And I'm at capacity. I'm just going to have to swap out inefficient cards for better ones. Unless I start looking for more hardware to put cards into but I don't think I can clear that with the boss lol. Who knows maybe :shrug:

And I'm at capacity. I'm just going to have to swap out inefficient cards for better ones. Unless I start looking for more hardware to put cards into but I don't think I can clear that with the boss lol. Who knows maybe :shrug:

Ya you're right. She wont let you get more hardware so dont bother looking :D

I put my folding rig limit at 2 to keep my electric bill down. ($504 for July with the Florida heat we have been having!)

My next upgrade is another GTX 1080 (going to wait for the EVGA hybrid)...then I'll upgrade my mITX LGA 1150 MB to one that can SLI...move my 980 over there! :thup:

I put my folding rig limit at 2 to keep my electric bill down. ($504 for July with the Florida heat we have been having!)

My next upgrade is another GTX 1080 (going to wait for the EVGA hybrid)...then I'll upgrade my mITX LGA 1150 MB to one that can SLI...move my 980 over there! :thup:

Sweet!! That'll put out some nice PPD! :thup:

Aww crap. Got a letter from Hydro One. Just an informative letter about out hydro usage vs our neighbours.

We use 294 Kw more/month on average than our neighbours!
We used over 6500 Kw in the first quarter of the year. That's down from 8400 Kw from the same time last year :shock:

Holy crap!

That's kinda cool that they let you know your usage. SaskPower doesn't care they just send bills lol.

That's a sweet setup jrclocker I'm a little jealous. :) the hybrid cards are damn sweet.

That's kinda cool that they let you know your usage. SaskPower doesn't care they just send bills lol.

That's a sweet setup jrclocker I'm a little jealous. :) the hybrid cards are damn sweet.

Question for you Subpar, since you live in Canada :D

Do you pay a delivery fee for your hydro?

No no hydro fee silver. I believe most of the power around here is coal driven. There is some hydro in Saskatchewan but it's I think 60% coal. Not very clean but what can you do? Lol

No no hydro fee silver. I believe most of the power around here is coal driven. There is some hydro in Saskatchewan but it's I think 60% coal. Not very clean but what can you do? Lol

Lucky! $100/month to deliver the power here!!!
Mostly nuculer here.

So the delivery fee must be an Ontario only thing.. Thats annoying :-/

Oh jeez $100 for power delivery is bogus.
Yup. Line voltage is usually low too, 114V..
Lights flicker rapidly sometimes too.

Thank god EVGA put really good filtering into their PSU's!!

Arghh!

Woke up to find my GTX780 in a Failed state!!
Not sure how that can happen but it's folding now at stock speeds. :bang head

Wasted WU's .... damn I hate that :(

That's never good. My problem is a crippling video game addiction eating into my points :) and sometimes I forget to turn folding back on. :bang head

My problem too! Can help with one of them...

(I'm working on an app that will turn off the specified folding slot, run the game, and then activate the folding slot after you exit the game.) :thup:

Better and better folks.
Went outside and heard thunder. Came back in, power blipped and threw my daily driver to a 0x7E BSOD loop.

Folding rig was off due to the power blip. Got everything running only to see that both rigs were idle for hours again. Heavy rain must has cut off the internet and even though the modem recovered the connection, data wasn't able to flow through. :mad:

I really need a place of my own in the city with DSL.

Back