• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Snow White

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kemo89

Registered
Hey guys. Working on my new build and i posted about 1 month ago and i finally started ordering item by item and so far i got a case but looking to keep it completely white or mostly white/silver with black. Heres what i got please keep it at about $1800 and i can always add another GPU later for SLI.

Thermaltake p3 White - bought and in the mail
Deepcool Captin 360EX white-next
Ryzen 7-1800x
MSI Titanium x370
G.Skill trident Z 3200 2x8 16gb (white/silver)
MSI gtx 1070ti AERO
Corsair RX750x

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/wfMtVY

Then some 4-6tb HDD and a 500gbSSD

I want it to last for a long while and look sexy and if anyone knows where to get a sleeved white riser cable lettme know. If something looks wrong let me know.
Im not apposed to taking apart and painting some stuff myself if anyone has any suggestions and i will get some case fans to complement the build. If i go MSI MOBO would it be better to go MSI Gpu?

I know nothing of building a loop or i would and a custom loop is expensive or i would do the cpu and gpu in a loop with 1-120, 1-240, a helix resivor and a good pump and would do ridged piping qith white fluid to complete the build.

Last edited:
Also i will be adding a monitor something in the 120-144hz area im running 2-vp247h monitors. In a dual monitor set up. Suggestions? Be considerate of price. I dont know if ima sell the monitors and my old build ($650-$800)((good price?)) or keep the 2 monitors and add a 120-144 hz with the 2 older screens and do an eyefinity set up, i like having 2 monitors cuz i watch movies and use programs while i game. Which is why ima do sli later with 2 1070ti. My current build is:

I5-2500k OC 5ghz

H60 water

P8z77-v-lx asus mobo (no CFX support 3.0x16 -1 and 1-2.0x4)
Corsair cx750m (2 years old) ((can reuse if need to))

R9-290 sapphire vapor-x(cfx would be better and cheaper or just upgrade to 1070ti?)

16gb corsair 4x4 vengence 1866 ddr3

Thermaltake overseerer rx-i

3 wd blue 2tb HDD(reuse 1 HDD that only has my games on it) ((wipe the other 2 leave OS alone))

Liteon SDD 198gb (i dont know wtf im using it for. Nothing is on it. Maybe reuse it and only put the OS on it for new build)

I love gaming a lot PUBG and BF1, Crysis 3, tomb raid raider, sniper elite and such. But in PUBG im on almost all low settings pushing 70-150fps and bf1 im at like 30fps. So i need something powerful and will last and sexy to just be desk candy.

1800x + 1070ti = 819$

1700 + 1080 = 818$

Since youre not adverse to overclocking, its a pretty simple choice to make here imo.

As well GPU + Mobo combination rarely matters. Usually if anything , RAM will be the culprit part that would have issues.

Back