• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

So my e6300 Abit DS3 is having a hard time booting after 2 years

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bottomsup

When I power on the fans will spin up for a few seconds, it will die, go quite for a few seconds, and try again. Eventually it 'catches' and boots. Once booted no problems at all and if I suspend it it always comes back. Cold boot is the only problem.

I had it overclocked to 3.0ghz with +.05v CPU for ~1.5 years, but about 6 months ago I put it back to default because I've only been web surfing.

Me thinks the mobo is going bad, but I'm not in the mood to buy a new one since this computer suits me fine otherwise. Any thoughts? If I do buy a new board... I hope its the board and I didn't waste my monies.

Also if I do buy a new board do the newer Socket 775 boards support my current e6300 chip, but also allow me to upgrade to a newer 45nm chip in the future?

TIA

Try removing the CMOS battery and put it in a jumper pin for the CMOS clear pins for at least half an hour. I have no idea why this works but it does work for me when my GA-P35-S3L goes flaky.

Back