• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

So-so overclock with the AGOIA Y 1600?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
well yes there is a end to a burn in lol. I had been running it at 9.5x185.5 for prime for about 30 hours without a error at 1.85 v but then when i try it at 9.5x186 it fails within 12 hours.

kinda cool to know to the .5mhz of what EXACTLY you computer is able to do!

Just to add, I have been running my CPU at the sppeds listed below from the get go. I didn't do any burn in or anything, only recently I found out that my OC was not as stable as I thought. However, all I had to do was increase the voltage to 1.85v and BAM stable as a rock, I have been running prime95 for the past day and no problem! The reason I thought it was stable was becasue the computer was fine under normal use, it booted fine and everything, it wasn't 'till I ran Prime95 that i realized that it was not as stable at stock voltages as I would like.

Emerican, your mobo lets you set .5 MHz on the FSB?

Man, wierd stuff today. I burned at 1743 @1.8 V for over three hours till I went to bed and turned the machine off. Now it won't do it... Probably the temps, my apartment is like a greenhouse from 3-8.

--Illah

yeah the Abit KX7-333 lets you do .5 incriments. It is in a option called "enhance for benchmark". If you do not have it enabled it will be like 9.5x185.10 so it goes a little past what the stock default would be if it was 9.5x185.00 . However if you enable enhance for benchmark it changes it so it is 9.5x185.67 or something like that. Pretty cool eh?

the abit kx7 is a EXCELLENT motherboard

I'm waiting for my new cooler and then I'm gonna re-install my vmod, we'll see then. The cooler should be here tomorrow or the day after. I'm tired of burning in constantly, I actually want to use the machine for more than surfing the web while prime is running.

--Illah

metallica0421 said:
im new to this overclocking thing how do you burn-in??do you just leave your system on along time??

download prime95- try google search if you are new to internet.

prime95 tests performace and how high you can go b4 you start getting errors so stability too.

Yeah, it just pumps some hardcore math problems though the chip and compares your chip's answers to ones that are known to be correct. If your chip gets even one wrong it fails. It depends alot on memory too. It's basically the best CPU & Mem test there is.

It'll keep your chip at 100% load as long as its running, and therefor drive the temps as high as they'll go. In a way it can test your cooling as well.

--Illah

Back