• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

So what was this?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hehe it was just meant to be a laugh at my home forum, I had a laugh at the speculation. I am known for having access to certain components and info thereof months before launch, so I figured I'd cause a stir. I never thought it would go international the way it did.

This particular time, however, it was nothing special. It was actually much more boring than anyone's guess. Take note of the date I posted that, then note that Bulldozer was still over a year away. It was a Phenom 2 X6 1055T which became unstable and wonky over around 3.7 GHz if my memory serves me correctly, and that's the flip out result I got from CPU-Z :D Drop back down to stock and all the fields populate properly again. I only got a Bulldozer chip several months after that.

Nice one, I went and read that thread at carbide, you were having some fun with it. Nice job and welcome Oj0

Thanks :D I somehow wasn't aware of Overclockers.com until I started following the paper trail I unknowingly and inadvertently made four years ago. I may as well introduce myself properly.

If any of you are on any of the other large forums you've probably seen me around as Oj0 (most places that don't have username length requirements), Oj101 (hardly used anywhere anymore), Oj010 (OCN) or [XC] Oj101 ([XC] being Xtreme Cruncher and used on XS where I'm WCG captain and mod).

I'm from South Africa and I guess you could say I'm a retired overclocker - my big days were the mid 2000s and I wound down with the end of Socket 939. I cut my teeth on overclocking with a Pentium 120 Mhz when I set the jumpers incorrectly to a 66 MHz FSB instead of 60 MHz and the system booted at 133 MHz. It was still a while before I heard the term overclocking, but I haven't run a system at stock since. I still have my Celeron 300A @ 504 MHz packed away somewhere.

My favourite overclocks to date were an FX-55 at 3916.49 MHz on LN2 (validation), 4144.57 MHz on an Athlon64 X2 6000+ (was a world record at the time, validation), and 600.4 MHz 3-3-3-9 (DDR1200) on D9GMH RAM on dry ice (validation). Does anyone remember when you could submit results to HWBOT by posting them online in a certain format and the HWBOT web crawler would upload the results? Or ripping.org? Overclocking and benching grew without me, I still do the odd LN2 session here and there but purely for personal pleasure and I don't even upload the results anymore.

These days media creation and technical journalism are bigger passions of mine - I used to run a tech site flyingsuicide.net but it got bigger than me and I pulled the plug on it. I was the first correct leak of GTX Titan performance, and when the card came out and people could confirm that my leak was accurate to within a handful of 3DMarks traffic increased drastically and my shared server could no longer keep up with the demand. I was new to advertising and undersold VERY badly (eg one year of advertising covered a month or two of hosting) and I was bleeding money so I literally walked away from it and let the domain expire.

My current pass times are photography, photo and video editing and my fiance - I hope she doesn't see this cause I mentioned her last :D

That's pretty much me - a has-been overclocker just enjoying life to the max :p

Nice one, I went and read that thread at carbide, you were having some fun with it. Nice job and welcome Oj0

It was fun, but I was annoyed that the very first guess was correct - maybe when I told him about it I should have told him to keep quiet. And no, that's not why he was banned :p The story is public on there, so no harm in telling it here. He has a substance abuse issue and started scamming people by selling the same items to multiple people. It was a surprise to all of us, as he'd built up the most solid trading reputation by a long shot :/

Sounds like you've had some fun in the arena, hope to see you around a bit.

Hey there Jon. :)
You following me around? :rofl:
I don't hear from you for years and now you pop up in all my haunts.

My current pass times are photography, photo and video editing and my fiance - I hope she doesn't see this cause I mentioned her last :D

well thats just cause you saved the best for last, jeeze.

Thanks Blaylock!

I just had an absolutely awesome walk down memory lane a few minutes ago, and I thought I'd share it here http://carbonite.co.za/f29/oj0s-favourite-overclocks-51855/

These memories are better than breaking 100,000 in 3Dmark01SE for the first time, or using 4-way CrossFire to get around 150,000 in 3DMark03. I enjoyed almost every one of these results more than finding a 5.7 GHz 2600K. I enjoyed them more than beating a 5960X at CineBench with my two 5690Xs. I enjoyed them more than breaking into the sub 10.000s second range in SuperPi 1M. I enjoyed them more than running my first Phenom 2 X4 940 BE without coldbug and a full pot on LN2. I blame my intense enjoyment of Sockets 462 through 939 and a touch of AM2 for not growing with overclocking.

For me, these were the golden days. These were the days I'd come home from work and switch on the Prometeia before even puttig down my bag cause I couldn't wait for it to get cold. These were the days I'd slip away from Christmas family gatherings for a few minutes to try something in PiFast. These were the days I'd fall asleep working out HT speeds and multipliers. Man, I'm feeling all misty eyed and everyone reading this is going :screwy:

:D

There are a lot of us still who spend more time than we should (relative term) benching and tweaking and pulling our hair out.

Back