• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

So which eVGA 7900gtx 512 to buy?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Spoudazo

I say buy the cheaper one. You should have no problem getting the extra 40mhz on the core and I don't see why you should not make up the difference in memory clocks either. People are running the GT's at the same voltage as the GTX's (1.4v core) and getting clocks of 700/1800 so, I don't think a few mhz is going to be unachievable on the GTX.

I think all the problems with freezes and all are being cleared up. The GT I have is one of the models that had problems in the past and I have had no problems with anything.

Alchemy1 said:
I say buy the cheaper one. You should have no problem getting the extra 40mhz on the core and I don't see why you should not make up the difference in memory clocks either.

:cool:

Overclock it. Nough said.

The non-factory-overclocked eVGA's are really nice. I got mine two weeks ago, and the first thing I did was see how far it would go with the stock heatsink.

I was able to do 722 on the core and 890 on the RAM (way above their OC version) without raising the temps by much at all. There was also no artifacting or anything annoying like that. I have also seen ViperJohn mods that are doing 1050 on the core and 1100+ on the memory.

Spoudazo said:
lol, great :D Then the cheaper version it is! Woot :)

You may want to ask around some more. Just because my card is overclocking nicely on air doesn't mean that yours will as well. Perhaps others can provide their results?

poogl3 said:
You may want to ask around some more. Just because my card is overclocking nicely on air doesn't mean that yours will as well. Perhaps others can provide their results?

Well, I have read several reviews on NewEgg and other places and it seems that those "factory overclocked" cards are having as much problems as user-overclocked cards.

But we will see. :)

Back