• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Socket-A records to fall soon!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
awesome, thanks Molester :)

i really could care less if it is a stand alone unit, or caseless. those in the cases you got coming are super sweet tho, i am completely jealous. ;)

i would consider a single stage if it was ~$500, give or take $100. :) guess i'll have to start posting at XS :-/

well, i will say i'm far from rich, and did alot of saving and wife praising to get

you don't need 100 posts to get a builder to build for you, you need the 100 posts to get into the 'for sale' section, but most of those guys don't really advertise there, or at all for that matter

although it is of course up to the builders discretion

back to the meat of the thread:

i've decided that, because i'm not rich, i'm going to wait till all the volt mods are done and phase hooked up and working properly before i order the gainward 7800+, so alot of 3d bench records will have to wait(thankfully tho, the gainward keeps getting cheaper and cheaper, thank the good mug)

jinu117 replies to his PM's here guys :beer:
He is a member here ;)
For a bare system the price your considering would be close hUMANbEATbOX (and to be honest, jinu is one of the only builders I would do business with in or around the states right now)

Good plan on waiting on the GFX :thup:

case/phase is in :D
but i'm off to a big interview :rolleyes:
wish me luck, and give me a good while, i'll post lots and lots of pics :D

lol, this case is huge, and VERY well built, I've heard of LianLi's quality, but I was and still am surprised...

here's a pic of it next to my Thermaltake Xaser III Supertower

Attachments

• Picture.JPG
    Picture.JPG
    49.9 KB · Views: 243
Are the Vmod's on the mobo. coming along or done yet?
I forgot that most builders don't usually add the socket A mounting holes to the mounting bracket :-/

volt mods are done, brackets are in

waiting on my friend(who got a VapoLi too) to get here, so he can help(well, he'll watch, i'm the guinea pig)

it's 6:30pm here now, hopefully have something to post before midnight, no promises tho

don't expect it to be the full write-up either, just some quick results :D

well, seems my mobo didn't like the insulation process, killed it, somehow, still trying to diagnose it, but pretty sure it's dead :(

Sorry to hear about that :(
I'm currious why you think it was the insuation process that did it and what process you used :-/

Hope its not as bad as it seems.

well, everything was working on water..

unhooked everything, all went well

greased her up, put on insulation, fired her up on air, no work

pulled off insulation, cleaned off as much grease as possible, no work

glad i didn't buy that gainward, this is then end of socket A for me, was fun..can't wait for next build, gotta finish that list out, on HP pos right now :(

Molester said:
...this is then end of socket A for me, was fun..

All good things...

Just curious, what (if any) was the best OC you got on that 2700? Never saw a lot written up on those anywhere, really.

lol, well, last time i used the 2700+ was on my old ASUS A7N8X Deluxe 2.0, which was voltmoded, on air using Swiftech big-*** flower-lookin cooler, and got 2.5 abouts

So, whats in store for your next system?
Sorry I had to ask :D you have the phase now what are you going to FREEZE!! :beer:

well, the point of this phase was to hold me off till not only 4x4, but 8x4, and for it to mature....

this really throws me into a pickle... I will go AM2, no doubt, can't wait on AM3....

Hopefully the X2 3600's will be out...maybe freeze the ****nit out of one of those....but dunno, cold bug..... this unit hits -60c, and most K8 90nm start to bug at -20 to -30, so 200x10 would almost be my limit, which is what that chip comes stock...

the hope was to have '4x4' or '8x4' and have a new dual-evap head that attaches to the single line, so the cold would be spread to both cpu's, causing less cold, so less cold bug...afraid i'll have to sell the system now to some intel conroe builder...

It should idle at -60C, It depends on the load for the load temps but they will be alot better then -20C :(
I wonder how you could get around dealing with coldbugs :shrug: :p J/K

i'm literally thinking about building a heatpipe system, which the ends would be at both cpu's clamped in blocks, and clamped blocks in the center that the evap would mount to(for '4x4') i think a large block from cpu to cpu would be too much to cool/insulate/hold a load, i think 4 at minimum/6 at maximum heatpipes would be needed, but i dunno, got some time to figure out exactly what im going to do

you should know that load on a pressler @ 1.6v this thing dosn't go above -30c....it's a monster

only other option is send it back to jinu and see if he can mod it to a dual evap system, have it still fit in the case, or like i've said, sell it and get something different, like the UFO case build he did, which would almost definitely be able to have a dual evap system in it

decisions decisions....

there is still a chance i can go for the record, my friend got the same unit, and has every single same setup as me, same mobo, same processer(0343 MPMW), BUT, he's now afraid to attempt to hook it up due to my results, not to mention the problems that have to be worked out in general

the dfi board, like most socket-a boards, have the socket at the very top of the mobo, which in the LianLi case, puts it at the bottom, which is right up against the seperating wall, in this position it's also to the far right, which makes you really have to stretch the evap line to get it to mount...which is scary to say the least, add to that the rear insulation+backplate+screw heads=taller than stand-offs, and it becomes scarier and requires cutting on the mobo tray...

so he's waiting on his next build too before he uses his unit, to which like me, will be going '4x4'(we're draftsman)

so when we build new systems, we'll work together to try and go for these records...

I think a chiller conversion would be a better option for 4X4. but that would be JMHO.
A plate HX instead of an evap, add a ~1/4ton TXV :thup:

That should bring your load temps closer to the non-bugged -30C or so on both cores. but you might want to ask Jinu about that ;)

And pressler, yea its a monster, C2D wouldn't be but only you can fight C2D ;)

That and if you have a use for 4X4 (you said you do drafting) then you might just be better off with a system based on that, hopefully you guys get some killer 4X4 mobos :thup:

Back