• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Software to handle vcore

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mrday

Disabled
Hello, I hope this is the right place to ask:
I have a p5b-se motherboard with an e7300 & ARCTIC COOLING FREEZER PRO 7, in the bios I'm free to setup the cpu frequency but not the vcore and this seems to make the system unstable (I got "Rounding was 0.5" in orthos with 333 mhz frequency).
Ram is 4 gb (2x667 + 2x800), video card is radeon 6450 hd
Since I'm new to overclock, I would like to get some info and also, why not, some tips & hint about what I can do:
-There is a software to handle the vcore (windows 7)?
-Am I doing in the right way?
Thanks

Typically if there's no voltage adjustment in the bios then the voltage is locked even with software. You could try Asus AIsuite but I doubt it'll work on something that old.

NOt sure of any vcore adjustments with windows based software. Does the ASUS motherboard have software? It may be able to help you out, but if it can't do it in the bios, it likely can't do it in the software either. Go to ASUS website and look up software for your board and see.

Part of your overclocking problems, are going to be because of your mismatched speed ram... those 1333(667) sticks may not reach as far as the 800... It is always best to have matching sticks (speed, timings, and voltage).

Also, in the Intel Section, is "sticky" thread named, "THE ULTIMATE INTEL STICKY THREAD". Within that thread is a link to another thread "C2D and C2Q overclocking guide"... that is what you need to read to learn how to overclock. Of course, we are here to help, but do read that, perhaps twice, to get a basic idea and see if you can get moving on your own.

EDIT: Not sure I would overclock on that board in the first place. There are few power phases around the CPU, none of which have heatsinks on them. That board is not made to overclock...

Last edited:
Thank you for your advices, I'll read that guide.
About the memory: i tryed the overclock with only 2 GB x 800, I added the other 2 gb after. Regarding the motherboard, it doesn't seems to be overclockable because the bios doesn't allow to edit the vcore but the bios clearly presents 2 ways to overclock: by setting the frequency manually and by percentage

Back