• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Software way to control HDMI/SPDIF volume

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

usp8riot

Anyone know if I can somehow get MPC-HC to control the HDMI volume when using passthrough so I don't have to keep reaching for the receiver remote and just use my HTPC keyboard? Or is there a volume mixer for Windows that allows you to do this like how Foobar can control the passthrough output volume through WASAPI? I'd also like to use it with XBMC so I can control the volume with the WMC remote instead of the receiver remote.

"SPDIF passthrough mode In this mode, compressed stream is sent to SPDIF without any change. It is impossible to process compressed stream without decompression. Therefore no other filter option can work in this mode (even filter cannot display input/output levels). We cannot even change the sound volume from the computer (only receivers volume control works)." From here.

Unless I'm misunderstanding something, ac3filter doesn't change the gain. Though I'm using HDMI these days, not SPDIF so not sure it makes any difference.

Back