• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

(sold out) SD mp3 player $5

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

d94

$30 a phone
PD-205.gif

MYMUSIX PD-205
manufacture's link
It has a backlight and it uses 1 AAA battery lasts about 15 hours

333 in stock

looks very interesting as SD cards are VERY cheap
http://www.consumerdepot.com/products.asp?id=PD-205R
$12.50 shipped..iv got some spare SD cards lying around so im thinking ill give this a shot..for $10 what have i got to loose

for comparison to how HAWT this is, radioshack is selling it with a 1gb sd card for $100 - http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2104210&cp

For those of you with broken mp3 players, there is a fix here

Last edited:
Very cool find, would order one myself but very lazy right now and don't feel like going an getting the cc. So maybe tomorrow if they are not sold out.

I've had one of these for a few months now. It's definitely not high end but the sound is okay and worth the $12.50 to buy a second one.

Misellus

Dont you just love thoe "Larger image" links? You click on them and it opens a new windown with the exact same size image as the image you just looked at.

This is just what I want, ordering several, so when I am fishing and it falls off the boat, I wont have to jump in after it. :cool:

Now I have a use for my slow Sandisk SD cards that were sitting gathering dust since I got my 150x SD cards.

has anyone bbeen able to call them up and get a shipping quote on multiple quantities? or do you just pay $12.50 per? :)

Well this linky says that a 1gb card is included, as with the Radio Shack ad. So Consumer Depot says that it has all original accessories - open box. So perhaps the "R" (PD-205R) means "your SD card has been raided". They opened the box, took the card, and sell us what's left.

Note that you will likely need to upgrade the firmware. There are also instructions for how to use folders, which the early firmware doesn't support.

Does it matter what speed SD card I buy???

By the way, the memory is not included. It's in the title:

MYMUSIX MyMusix MP3 Player SD Card Compatible
Memory not Included

g0dM@n said:
Does it matter what speed SD card I buy???

No the speed of the SD card isn't important with MP3 players like this. High speed SD card are primarily for Digital cameras. High speed SD cards help the camera cycle in between the shots so there is less lag.

But with that said, if your a savvy shopper, you can get a 150x SD card for the same price as a cheap Slow SD card

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...50x+Secure+Digital&DEPA=0&Ntk=all&Order=price

150x SD cards equate to 22.5MB/s and Write 15MB/s+ compared to 5 MB/s read, 3 MB/s write (or slower) with cheap cards like Sandisk SD cards.

My advise is to buy the 150x cards as they cost the same, and in some cases they are cheaper, :rolleyes:

Back