• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

(sold out) SD mp3 player $5

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I got mine in about 3 days. Pretty good, now I just need another SD card. I ordered a 512 for $20 from ZZF.

heezer7 said:
:( I still don't have mine. I would blame it on being on far from the shipping point but people from Washington and NY have it and I am in Illinios. I think I shoud ge it faster than one of the two of them.

By the way, I did the cheap USPS. It says shipped but the tracking link doesn't work. Am I missing something on where the tracking number is located?

Using USPS you usually cant tell where your package is until its delivered. The time delay probably has to do with USPS, not the seller. I used the $7.50 USPS as well. They are probably making more profit off the shipping than the MP3 player.

On eBay there are tons of these and similar devices. The NJOY ID3 SD MMC player looks like the same thing. $4.99 is cheaper though :)

Bender said:
Using USPS you usually cant tell where your package is until its delivered. The time delay probably has to do with USPS, not the seller. I used the $7.50 USPS as well. They are probably making more profit off the shipping than the MP3 player.

On eBay there are tons of these and similar devices. The NJOY ID3 SD MMC player looks like the same thing. $4.99 is cheaper though :)

I bet if you find this on Ebay for the same price, they are charging and making even more money on shipping

Besides, they claim 3-5 days to process the order. I bet they simply transmitted the tracking number to UPS of the box that will be used to ship my order and are waiting to actually pack it.

My order status still lists the package as expected but not arrived at a UPS sort facility.

<edit> I'll bother somebody at my apartment complex this evening... would be funny if UPS was really slow in package status updates... </edit>

Anyone use USPS as their shipping method recieve the MP3 player yet? I was issued a tracking number, but there is no info on the USPS website...so I just wanted to get an idea of how long it took to be recieved? I ordered mine yesterday, and it says that it has already shipped.

dgk said:
Well this linky says that a 1gb card is included, as with the Radio Shack ad. So Consumer Depot says that it has all original accessories - open box. So perhaps the "R" (PD-205R) means "your SD card has been raided". They opened the box, took the card, and sell us what's left.

Note that you will likely need to upgrade the firmware. There are also instructions for how to use folders, which the early firmware doesn't support.
Quote from the ConsumerDepot website:
ITEM CONDITION:
New/Open Box: Complete, in Original Packaging with All Accessories.

So, if the reatil version comes with the SD card, and ConsumerDepot has removed the SD card, then I believe thats considered "consumer fraud." My guess is that the card either does not come with the MP3 player normally, Radio Shack has a different version, or we will have quite a few people who will be upset that they are selling something after removing the expensive accessories.

UPDATE: The manufacturers' site also confirms that this is shipped with a 1GB SD Card.

PS-Sorry for double posting!

EDIT#2---I just noticed that they did post that the SD card is not included, but also posts that all accessories are included...so it looks like we are SOL for the SD card, but at least we get a decent MP3 player for cheap! Good gift idea for someone who wants an MP3 player, but doesnt know Apple isnt the only company to make MP3 players--like my mom.Good Mothers day/ birthday gift for her.

Last edited:
I just got mine today! But thye shipped the wrong item with it. I ordered a movie for $5 and got a wireless mouse instead. Not complaining though. I was jsut buying something else to make up for the shipping. As I said above, I ordered USPS. The sticker says $4.02 shipping. So that plus a foam envelope = profit for them. I will report back on how it works later.

heezer7 said:
I just got mine today! But thye shipped the wrong item with it. I ordered a movie for $5 and got a wireless mouse instead. Not complaining though. I was jsut buying something else to make up for the shipping. As I said above, I ordered USPS. The sticker says $4.02 shipping. So that plus a foam envelope = profit for them. I will report back on how it works later.
How long did it take to arrive from the time you placed the order?

heezer7 said:
I ordered it right after it was posted, Monday @ 12:30PM CT.
Thanks... that means mine should be here by Wednesday.Hopefully this works as well as the Sandisk Cruzer MP3 player I bought...I love that more than my 20GB 4G iPod!

HeatM1ser2k4 said:
Quote from the ConsumerDepot website:
ITEM CONDITION:
New/Open Box: Complete, in Original Packaging with All Accessories.

So, if the reatil version comes with the SD card, and ConsumerDepot has removed the SD card, then I believe thats considered "consumer fraud." My guess is that the card either does not come with the MP3 player normally, Radio Shack has a different version, or we will have quite a few people who will be upset that they are selling something after removing the expensive accessories.

UPDATE: The manufacturers' site also confirms that this is shipped with a 1GB SD Card.

PS-Sorry for double posting!

EDIT#2---I just noticed that they did post that the SD card is not included, but also posts that all accessories are included...so it looks like we are SOL for the SD card, but at least we get a decent MP3 player for cheap! Good gift idea for someone who wants an MP3 player, but doesnt know Apple isnt the only company to make MP3 players--like my mom.Good Mothers day/ birthday gift for her.

when i recieved mine, the original package was obviously opened and the sd card was manually removed. there was even a fingerprint on the mp3 player.

New/Open Box: Complete, in Original Packaging with All Accessories

they weren't kidding when they said "open" :rolleyes:

Who cares if it's open... it still has the clear coating on the mp3 player. It's obviously unused.

I've ordered openbox items from them before. I ordered a Klipsch 2.1 system for like $70 shipped (it was normally like $200+ship then), and when I go it... the darn thing was brand new... just open box. To this day, the system still runs like a champ (>8 months for sure, maybe 1 yr already).

I'm sure other ppl remember that deal.

And yes, it says all accessories, but it did clearly say in title that you don't get the memory.

Well, I'll let yall know how she goes when my 1gb stick comes in the mail. Without a doubt, it's a helluva buy... all together I paid exactly $40.50 for a 1gb used stick and the player.

I received mine today, after 3 days. The box had a small dent on it, and the player has very minor scratches on the top, not even noticeable unless you're looking at it under a light. My computer recognized the device immediately. The headphones are also pretty comfortable.

I still need a good deal on a 1GB SD card. Hopefully I will be able to find a card for $30 or less.

EDIT: well I got a 1GB SanDisk card from ebay for $37 sipped. Not a cheap price but I got tired of waiting... :bang head

Last edited:
Mine arrived and is fine.

The front of it had a ton of fingerprints and small unnoticable scratches. It should be noted that the face of this thing LOVES to attract fingerprints and alike. No clear coating here. Anywho, the item was shipped in a bubble envelope and was in a store packaging (as in, a plastic dome like thingy). The plastic wasn't heat sealed so I could VERY easily open it and I bet so could the company who sold it to me.

There was a spot in the packaging for an SD card (card not present) so I somehow think that the device has so many fingerprints on it because it was tested. However, the device works perfectly and has all accessories, so I shall not complain.

Note that when you use the USB cable that comes with it that the arrow goes down (IE, towards the battery door and not the face). Yes, you CAN insert it backwards which confuses the hell out of Windows XP. No, it doesn't cause any damage. Which genious came up with this type of USB cable? :bang head

<edit> HA, there is a defect... the earbuds that come with the thing don't work (right side is dead). Thank goodness that I don't think I would have ever used the "lovely" earbuds anyways... </edit>

gt24 said:
Note that when you use the USB cable that comes with it that the arrow goes down (IE, towards the battery door and not the face). Yes, you CAN insert it backwards which confuses the hell out of Windows XP. No, it doesn't cause any damage. Which genious came up with this type of USB cable? :bang head

This happened to me on one computer I think. It still won't reconize it. I hate different USB cables. Why not use the standard mini plug. So much easier to leave one of those plugged in to the computer all the time vs trying to find this pos.

Back