• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Solutions to this baffling Tualatin Celeron equation? Please read...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Nah, didn't think I'd need to get that drastic since I can do 1500 with 1.575 vcore.

I'm still not 100% sure exactly what is causing me to *not* hit 1600 since I can't even POST to it. I get that *beeboobeeboobeeboo* alarm from the mobo. I asked this once already, and since this post is getting buried by more and more new ones, I'll ask again:

Does anyone that owns an Asus TUSL2-C mobo know what that *beeboobeeboobeeboobeeboo* alarm coming from the PC speaker means when you try to overclock? Does it specifically mean a temperature issue, or maybe a voltage issue? I'm not having any luck finding an answer to this one, the manual is pretty vague about boot errors.

Any help would be appreciated.

UPDATE: Still running comfortably at 1500 right now, lapped the CPU ISF down to bare copper and worked on the HSF bottom also. Still kind of rough since I don't have sandpaper above 400 grit, but I'll be getting some much finer grit stuff in the next few days (600, 1000 and 1500 grit) so I'll be redoing it yet one more time. :)

br0adband

I am starting to be way skeptical about any temp any
motherboard tells me about.

I can fire up my Abit VT6X4 and Soyo TISU in the same room,
and the Abit tells me case temp is 19c. Soyo tells me case
temp is 28c. Same enlight cases. Both with 3 or 4 extra
fans.

It the soyo system, it would always show the CPU temp at 40-42c

I dropped the same cpu and heat sink into this Gigabyte board
and it tells me CPU temps are 25c.

Who knows. As long as it dont melt I guess.....:mad:

br0adband said:
Nah, didn't think I'd need to get that drastic since I can do 1500 with 1.575 vcore.

I'm still not 100% sure exactly what is causing me to *not* hit 1600 since I can't even POST to it. I get that *beeboobeeboobeeboo* alarm from the mobo. I asked this once already, and since this post is getting buried by more and more new ones, I'll ask again:

Does anyone that owns an Asus TUSL2-C mobo know what that *beeboobeeboobeeboobeeboo* alarm coming from the PC speaker means when you try to overclock? Does it specifically mean a temperature issue, or maybe a voltage issue? I'm not having any luck finding an answer to this one, the manual is pretty vague about boot errors.

Any help would be appreciated.

UPDATE: Still running comfortably at 1500 right now, lapped the CPU ISF down to bare copper and worked on the HSF bottom also. Still kind of rough since I don't have sandpaper above 400 grit, but I'll be getting some much finer grit stuff in the next few days (600, 1000 and 1500 grit) so I'll be redoing it yet one more time. :)

br0adband

YOU WHAT! You didn't need anything more corse than 1000grit to get the IHS down where you wanted it. Wow! Take it easy on that chip man! A nice mirror smooth IHS is the best way to do it. Not rough! I would even try it when it is rough!

yeah i don't know how he got it that low mine hovers around 29 idle and 43 or 44 under full load.... awesome chip or something.....

6502kid....

Don't use the Gigabyte hardware health utility....

Use MBM 5.1 (latest)....The Gigabyte utility always reads 25 degrees on Tualatin based chips, don't know why!

If you want to know the settings just ask me....

I am having discrepancies with the hardware monitors also.

Asus Probe shows 39c idle , MBM5.1 shows 39c idle
MBM4.18 shows 26c and Sandra shows 24c idle.....who do you trust? I find it hard to believe that with 26c mb temp that the cpu is at 39c (at idle) cause I am using Alpha Pal 6035 HS with 40cfm fan that runs at 8300 rpm....

that is Tusl2-c and cel 1.2-t

Is there a way to accurately find out which proggie is accurate?

Back