• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Some Games/Programs wont open in my main Windows account

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BlueNostromo

I have a few games or programs that will not open on my main Windows account but work find on a secondary account. For example Black Mesa will not play on my main account, I need to switch to play it. Also Meshmixer will not open correctly on my main.

This seems like there must be a conflict with other programs that are running already. How do I determine which is causing a problem? I have many programs so I would prefer something other than a brute force approach. Are there programs that can help find these conflicts?

Might not be a conflict, some games/programs will install/run only for the current user logged in, some for all and the others will give you the option to choose. Or it's somehow linked to your main account like a M$ shop game ?

Log out from second account don't chose switch or lock user. They might be in conflict for some reason

Uninstall the programs and reinstall ?

This does nothing

- - - Updated - - -

Have you tried right clicking on the icon then choose "Run as administrator"?

Step 2 of Comp Sci

- - - Updated - - -

Log out from second account don't chose switch or lock user. They might be in conflict for some reason

It only works in second account, not main. Even if second is fully logged out or never accessed to begin with.

- - - Updated - - -

Might not be a conflict, some games/programs will install/run only for the current user logged in, some for all and the others will give you the option to choose. Or it's somehow linked to your main account like a M$ shop game ?

Why would it only install for my secondary then? Wouldnt it prefer first? Like meshmixer I used it before without issue, now it doesnt open right.

When things get funky like this I reinstall my OS . with todays tech it does't take more than a 15-30 min to install windows . then maybe another hour or 2 for your programs .

Back