• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

someone please help me with this 8rda boot error

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

f00t

story goes like this:

i got my 8rda (non +) friday, hooked it up, and it ran fine. then i benchmarked it a little over the weekend and yesterday decided to put the mobo through its paces to see what it could do. all went without a problem. only thing was that my crappy 300w psu was acting up at the high system oc.

i fire my pc up this morning (tuesday) and everything runs fine. since i had to go to town anyways, i picked up a sparkle 400w psu on the way back and hooked it up to my mainsystem instead of the crappy 300w psu i was originally using. i shut the system down, went to work out, played 45mins of basketball, and come back to find that my pc wont boot anymore.

at this discovery, i went throught he regular trouble shooting stage*: swap components, uninstall things, etc. but with no luck. i even tried the 300w psu again and the system still doesn't boot.

after about three hours of messing around with the system i've got the mobo to start the boot process but it always halts on a "AA" error. the boot led sequence goes like this "C1 --> AA" and that's it. nothing more, nothing less.

i looked up what "AA" means but apparently nobody has ever experienced it. so, if you have any information on how to solve this problem, please post. it may just be a small mistake i'm making (help yourself by halping me).

system specs:

first run all stock -----------------> monday run
epox 8rda ------------------------> epox 8rda
2100+ ----------------------------> 2.53 ghz/ 2.05v
256mb pc2700 --------------------> 230fsb 2.5/3/3/5
10gb hd --------------------------> 10gb hd
48x24x48 burner ------------------>48x24x48
9800se ---------------------------> 525 core/ 300 mem
lan card --------------------------> lan card

* swapped every single component with ones in my backup system and all ran fine except the 8rda. went through the regular unplug mobo power connector, hold power button for 10s, take out battery for 5s, clear cmos via jumper for 5s, replug everything, and try again.

It sometimes takes longer than 5 seconds to clear the CMOS, try leaving battery out & jumper in clear for an hour then re-try. You remembered to plug in the P4 ATX power connector? or does the 8RDA non + not have one, I don't remember.

Regards, Balrog

no, they don't have one. i'll leave the cmos battery out and switch the jumer tonight

tried leaving the battery out overnight/ jumper in "clear cmos" position but didin't help. i think this motherboard's gonna find a new home in my bin of broken stuff :(

if the mobo is dead...is it still under warrenty? i dont see why not rma it..it seems like its not your fault its not working.

I think sometimes pc3200 or higher RAM will cause something wierd like that.Maybe try some slower speed RAM if you have some laying around.

Back