• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Something prevents windows from sleeping

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mattyts

Registered
Hi,I'd be grateful if anyone can offer a solution to a problem I'm having.

I have my windows power plan to turn my monitors off after 5 minutes and put the computer to sleep after 30mins, the monitors go off fine and come back on when the mouse moves but the computer will wake up after a few minutes of sleep with my cooling fans on full for the first few seconds (this normally happens upon turning my computer on from totally shutdown)

thanks.

I have had two issues in the past causing my computer to wake from sleep and or not go to sleep:

I had Ai Suite installed which caused it to either not shut down fully or would shut down and then wake up a few minutes later.

Another issue I have had is if you have the rig wake up when the mouse is moved. If it is set this way and the DPI on the mouse is set really high sometimes the slightest movement will cause the computer to wake. Something as slight as a person walking by the room it is in.

What OS? I experienced this with Win 7 64 Ultimate for a little while. I would put pc to sleep but it the monitor would stay asleep when waked. It would go to sleep and fans would stay on or start backup by itself. I believe I enabled hibernation in power options and it fixed it for me. I prefer hibernation though because I tend to do a lot of things around my desk and get annoyed when I constantly bump the mouse and wake it.

Back