• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sony & Microsoft Discuss Blu-Ray Drive For 360

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
That was one of Moore's few gaffes..... his most recent being his love for extending the NFL's exclusivity deal with EA. Sadly, I'm beginning to agree with Rainless that all companies are out for two purposes 1. Make the most money possible regadless of ethics or quality 2. Kick the consumer in the balls as hard and as often as possible in the process of 1.

I don't see why the price would go down now... Unless the price of the lasers and whatnot plummets... because there's no more competition. I mean EVENTUALLY it will go down.

People are predicting another price cut for PS3 this Chirstmans, which is about 9 months away... quite a long time to wait.

The PS1s and PS2s had problems too with lasers mainly (and it is WELL documented, in spite of what Rainless may say, I have proof and have linked it NUMEROUS times). It was fairly widespread too but not to the level of the 360 I believe but it was still a large amount. Sony would neer admit to the problem and told their users to go buy new units, they skate by with no bad PR. MS admits the problem, attempts to make good on the problem and then gets lambasted by the users and media. Not quite fair is it? Who cares? 2 Evil monolithic companies, I don't feel a bit sorry for them, the consumers however should burn both to the ground!!

Oh yes, that is so true. Lots of problems with the laser. The reason Sony didn't care that time.... because they are the dominant one in the market. Literally, there was nothign out there to challenge the PS1 and PS2.

I'm a playstation 3 owner, and a playstation nuthugger. I don't support Microsoft, but i dont want them to go away. With the xbox in the market, that creates competition between giant corporation and prevents monopoly, which in turn is great for consumers. Remember the PS1 days, how long was it before Sony decides to have a price cut on their consoles. Not only that, the prices of the games are insane. Of course, new games are $50, but they stay at that price like forever.

Oh yes, that is so true. Lots of problems with the laser. The reason Sony didn't care that time.... because they are the dominant one in the market. Literally, there was nothign out there to challenge the PS1 and PS2.

I'm a playstation 3 owner, and a playstation nuthugger. I don't support Microsoft, but i dont want them to go away. With the xbox in the market, that creates competition between giant corporation and prevents monopoly, which in turn is great for consumers. Remember the PS1 days, how long was it before Sony decides to have a price cut on their consoles. Not only that, the prices of the games are insane. Of course, new games are $50, but they stay at that price like forever.

Actually new games are $59.99. $49.99 would be reasonable.

You mean "New" as in "in-the-past-ten-years"...? And either way... this is the console section.

Don't know where your buying your games but your getting ripped off if thats what you've been paying for the last ten years. I've only spent 49.99 on my past 3 pc games but like you said this is the console section, btw where are the master chef can beat up samus/snake threads.:beer:

P.S. I know chief is spelled this way, I was just making fun of normal console forums.;)

btw where are the master chef can beat up samus/snake threads.:beer:

I think I was one of the last people here to stop hating (after all the MS 360 issues). I no longer had anything to hate on. I hated Sony because their quality on the PS1 and PS2 were shoddy. I hated MS after the 360 quality debacle and I hated Nintendo for releasing something with such fun gameplay but weak graphics and a crapton of shoddy games.

Fact is that I'm a gamer, have been for over 20 years and the will likely buy every system that comes out until the day I did (just like I have the last 20 years). The only platform I've dropped is the PC.

Don't know where your buying your games but your getting ripped off if thats what you've been paying for the last ten years. I've only spent 49.99 on my past 3 pc games but like you said this is the console section, btw where are the master chef can beat up samus/snake threads.:beer:

P.S. I know chief is spelled this way, I was just making fun of normal console forums.;)

You CAN buy PC games cheaper than $49.99... but that doesn't mean it's the retail price. Hell.. I only paid 38.99 for the 360 version of Call of Duty 4... that doesn't make it an industry standard.

Warcraft III was 49.99. Warcraft II was 49.99. The original Warcraft might have been 39.99. But that was over ten years ago. (I would know because I was working retail about 15 years ago.)

I think I was one of the last people here to stop hating (after all the MS 360 issues). I no longer had anything to hate on. I hated Sony because their quality on the PS1 and PS2 were shoddy. I hated MS after the 360 quality debacle and I hated Nintendo for releasing something with such fun gameplay but weak graphics and a crapton of shoddy games.

Fact is that I'm a gamer, have been for over 20 years and the will likely buy every system that comes out until the day I did (just like I have the last 20 years). The only platform I've dropped is the PC.

I'm not hating on any system, I own all 3 current consoles (in my sig). I was just joking about how you can go into a console only forum and read the stupid threads, where as here there is good discussion about topics that are thoughtful and well researched. This is one of the smartest console forums I've seen in along time. Sorry if my joke went over your head or you think I'm here just to troll cause I'm not.

*Pulling tail between my legs and going to the corner*:(

I'm not hating on any system, I own all 3 current consoles (in my sig). I was just joking about how you can go into a console only forum and read the stupid threads, where as here there is good discussion about topics that are thoughtful and well researched. This is one of the smartest console forums I've seen in along time. Sorry if my joke went over your head or you think I'm here just to troll cause I'm not.

*Pulling tail between my legs and going to the corner*:(

Well that was rather condescending.......

and believe me, we've been through the fanboy bickering......ad nauseum

Back