• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOOOO Ticked and Dissapointed with NVIDIA

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Wow. Windows 10 and users with multiple monitor installations which were probably jimmy-rigged up in the first place.
Note my astonishment at these 'problems'. LOL

ask the minority that got hammered by this. they'll tell ya.
what i do know for sure is, when a small minority of people have problems with a driver or piece of software and millions are running it fine, it's them. somehow. and the possibilities are near infinite.

what i do know for sure is, when a small minority of people have problems with a driver or piece of software and millions are running it fine, it's them. somehow. and the possibilities are near infinite.

??? Interesting viewpoint.

??? Interesting viewpoint.

got my first PC in 1982. I was the guru. I had a successful career in corporate maintaining and repairing them.
It's what about 30 years of experience taught me.
don't care now. retired and the magic is gone... you take over..

hell..sometimes it's something as simple as they didn't want to move the HDD's around so they installed that larger, new video card down in the 2nd or 3rd PCI slot instead of #1 and something between the driver, MB and card Just Didn't Like It.
I think back on some of the things I did in the past to get systems working and it's just astounding how weirdly these things can interact sometimes...especially with the bargain priced components.

I can see that outlook maintaining banks of identically configured servers and someone at a work station screwing the pooch , but we're a long way from 1982. Literally tens of millions of individual hardware configurations and a myriad of uses leaves room for a few configurations not being anticipated by the folks who make the drivers. I think there's a very real possibility that some Jimmys did everything right and the driver crashed anyway. Maybe a couple Bobs and Mikes , too. Maybe even a JrClocker. LOL

- - - Updated - - -

hell..sometimes it's something as simple as they didn't want to move the HDD's around so they installed that larger, new video card down in the 2nd or 3rd PCI slot instead of #1 and something between the driver, MB and card Just Didn't Like It.
I think back on some of the things I did in the past to get systems working and it's just astounding how weirdly these things can interact sometimes...especially with the bargain priced components.

Those are fair points.

yeah. I wasn't a server room hermit. I was in the trenches, going to peoples desks and fixing them there.
Dozens of different makes and models of computer, windows 95 through NT4 at the time.
Loved that stuff..something different every day.

Seriously?

I connected my multiple monitors, according to their spec.

I activated my multiple monitor setup, using their software.

I update my driver, using their software.

I get stuck in a BSOD loop.

So how is this my fault (other than clicking the install button?)

Seriously.

IF this was only for a specific brand of monitor on a specific motherboard...you MIGHT (key word MIGHT) have an argument.

Did they let it slip by. Yes.

Are they still responsible for making sure it works. Yes.

Geeze...have you ever had a recall notice on your car?

Wow.

Nvidia had mentioned that it was in the installer I believe.

This has nothing to do with Jimmy rigged anything. ;)

I had a problem with Crysis 3 crashing with the drivers, I did not know what was going on, I installed manually.

Last edited:
Seriously?

I connected my multiple monitors, according to their spec.

I activated my multiple monitor setup, using their software.

I update my driver, using their software.

I get stuck in a BSOD loop.

So how is this my fault (other than clicking the install button?)

Seriously.

IF this was only for a specific brand of monitor on a specific motherboard...you MIGHT (key word MIGHT) have an argument.

Did they let it slip by. Yes.

Are they still responsible for making sure it works. Yes.

Geeze...have you ever had a recall notice on your car?

Wow.

There's no need to take it all so personally.
I was just trying to share my experience of how these problems can be caused by some odd things that you might not be inclined to put together at first.
A less than perfect driver may have highlighted a weakness somewhere and I'll bet a nickel if I could have sat down in front of your system I could have made it work.
I'd win that nickel because I've won that nickel a thousand times.
Let's not argue though..the proof of that would be in the fixing and there won't be an opportunity for that so...

Nvidia had mentioned that it was in the installer I believe.

This has nothing to do with Jimmy rigged anything. ;)

Nvidia Experience? heh. yeah. i let that install, played with it for 5 minutes and tried to update my driver with it, it hung and I took it out. Obvious junk.

There's no need to take it all so personally.
I was just trying to share my experience of how these problems can be caused by some odd things that you might not be inclined to put together at first.
A less than perfect driver may have highlighted a weakness somewhere and I'll bet a nickel if I could have sat down in front of your system I could have made it work.
I'd win that nickel because I've won that nickel a thousand times.
Let's not argue though..the proof of that would be in the fixing and there won't be an opportunity for that so...

You would not win that nickel...and I did make it work. (See my original post).

I know what I'm doing as well...

If you want to get into "pee pee" waiving (which you started), then I'll be more than happy to post my experience and qualifications like you did in an earlier post.

But hey, Let's not argue though..

You would not win that nickel...and I did make it work. (See my original post).

I know what I'm doing as well...I'll post my resume too if you want.

my mistake. I thought this was a computer enthusiasts forum not a 'see how easy i get butthurt forum'

Back