• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sound and vidoe issue

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ukkev

I have an issue that' I've not been able to solve for many months now.

Quite randomly sound and video playback will stop working on my pc. When I say stop working video playback continues at a very slow speed (and is visible) audio playback also seems to continue according to the volume mixer but nothing can be heard. This effects all types of audio or video playback.. Restrating the machine solves the problem until it happens the next time., which can occur minutes, hours or even days later. I have fruitlessly tried to update all necessary drivers but the problem remains. I just wonder whether anybody has a solution - I'd be grateful. Thanks

These are my computer specs:
(Intel Core i7 860 2.8GHz 8Mb Cache socket 1156, Manufacturer Supplied Cooler, 4GB Corsair Memory DDR3 1333 (2 x 2gb), 500GB SATA Hard Drive, 500GB Secondary SATA HDD, , (1156) ASROCK P55M Pro X-fire DDR3 2133 x4 P55 chipset, ATI 4550 512MB PCI Express DDR DVI, 2002

My operating system is windows 7 64 bit

Why do you think it's the power supply? Is there a known issue here, if so could you direct me to more information about it please.

Kev

Because it's a non brand name power supply.. I bet the 5v rail is close 30 amps and the 3.3v is not that behind... And it has 2 x 12v rails @ 18amps each.. This is just a guess of course. Many of the lower end power supplies bloat the lower voltage to make up the total wattage. Very Misleading and is not fair to the consumer, us. However, being a member of this forum I'm sure we can point you in the right direction on what to buy as a replacement, if you're interested..

Thanks for the information thus far. Maybe I'm a bit slow, but I still don't see the direct connection between the power supply and the issue I'm reporting. Could you be patient and spell it out for me please.

Andy yes, I would be interested in a recommendation for an alternative unit. I don't play computer games but I do occasionally do some picture editing and sometimes H264 video editing.

Thanks for your help thus far

kev

Thanks for the information thus far. Maybe I'm a bit slow, but I still don't see the direct connection between the power supply and the issue I'm reporting. Could you be patient and spell it out for me please.

Andy yes, I would be interested in a recommendation for an alternative unit. I don't play computer games but I do occasionally do some picture editing and sometimes H264 video editing.

Thanks for your help thus far

kev

Sure... (LOL)

R E P L A C E L O W E N D P O W E R S U P P L Y

H I G H E N D C O M P U T E R
N E E D S B E T T E R P O W E R S U P P L Y

Get this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139028

:thup:

Good luck!:attn:

Back