• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Special equipment for streaming?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

torgian

Registered
Hey everyone,

So I did do a quick search and got a couple of threads that had similar specs to what I'm looking to build in a PC (Skylake, i5 6500, Z board, 8 gigs ram, 970 card) but I couldn't find anything so far about specific gear needed for streaming or recording.

Beyond that, do I need anything else? Keep in mind I've never streamed before. My experience with editing stuff lays in photography, so video is new to me. I figure if I'm going to be playing games, I might as well try to earn a little money on the side using Twitch and maybe put edited videos of my streams onto Youtube as well.

So with that said, do I need anything special? Any specific mic you could recommend? I have a good pair of headphones that I use or listing to lossless music files or cds already.

Do i need any sort of external gear for recording or streaming for that matter?

Thanks for your help guys :)

This might also help - https://blog.destiny.gg/current-streaming-set-up-may-2015/ however, his budget is extremely high as a professional streamer but you can find similar products that will do a fine job for casual streaming.

wow that really is expensive! I can only afford one machine... here in Taiwan the machine I'm building will cost me about 1200, and I figure another 300 for a mic and whatever else I'll need (perhaps a third hard drive for storing streams since I might save them to put on youtube later.)

Looks like I'll have to figure out what a good low to mid budget mic would cost. I already have some good headphones, and internet here in Taiwan is stupid fast and cheap (I actually use my iPhone over Wi-fi hot spot, believe it or not... here in Taiwan they don't have data caps and the service is fast as firetrucks) but I could buy 70 mb per second internet for 9USD if needed...

Any advice on microphones?

For starting out, I would just buy a cheap mic. (10 dollar clip on)

See if you like streaming before you dump a bunch of money into it. Making any money at streaming is no easy task.

For starting out, I would just buy a cheap mic. (10 dollar clip on)

See if you like streaming before you dump a bunch of money into it. Making any money at streaming is no easy task.

I'll take your advice and do that. See how things go and upgrade if I like it.

Back