• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Speedfan Issue

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

debani

I have an Intel i5-2500k and I'm using SpeedFan 4.47. I have all the latest drivers installed for system including the BIOS. SpeedFan stopped reading my CPU temperature today. I think it happened after I plugged a Seagate Goflex external hard drive into my computer. I uninstalled the drive through device manager, restarted, uninstalled SpeedFan and deleted its program folder, restarted, reinstalled SpeedFan, restarted and it still won't read. All the cores read fine except the main reading which shows 0C. My BIOS and CPUID's Hardware Monitor are both able to show the main CPU temperature fine. I ran Intel Burn Test and checked the "exotics" tab of SpeedFan but none of the temperatures seem to be associated with the CPU other than the 4 core temps. Does anyone know what I should be doing to troubleshoot this further?

Here's the log from SpeedFans startup:

Win9x:NO 64Bit:YES GiveIO:NO SpeedFan:YES
I/O properly initialized
Linked ISA BUS at $0290
Linked Intel 6 Series SMBUS at $F000
Scanning ISA BUS at $0290...
SuperIO Chip=Nuvoton NCT6776F
NCT6776F (ID=$C1) found (using SuperIO) on ISA at $290
Scanning Intel SMBus at $F000...
Unknown ADM1 Vendor=$55 ID=$00 on SMBus at $29
Found WDC WD2002FAEX-007BA0 on AdvSMART
Found AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series
Found ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series
Found Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30GHz
End of detection
Loaded 0 events

Thanks in advance.

The only CPU temp's you need to be concerned with are the core temp's (Tjunction), and not the CPU temp. (Tcase). You'd be better off just uninstalling SpeedFan, and install either Core Temp or Real Temp.

I'm using SpeedFan for a Rainmeter plugin that doesn't work with any other hardware monitor on 64 bit windows which is why I'm trying to get it working again.

Back