• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

spitballing here...[How much radiator do I need]

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bob4933

How much radiator will comfortably power 2 r9 390's (non x, but severely over clocked as they seem to do well at), and a 4790k over clocked to whatever 1.3v gets me to?

Im thinking 2x 360mm will be sufficient with enough headroom and decent fan speeds?

How much radiator will comfortably power 2 r9 390's (non x, but severely over clocked as they seem to do well at), and a 4790k over clocked to whatever 1.3v gets me to?

Im thinking 2x 360mm will be sufficient with enough headroom and decent fan speeds?

A total of 120.6 looks good.

cool.

The heat exchangers Im getting are medium density fin spacing models. Have any good fan recommendations that wont murder my bank account? Noise is NOT an issue at all.

Which radiators are you talking about if you don't mind me asking?

For premium rad fans, AP-53s, Vardars, eLoop B12s, Noctua as far as I can remember. For budget fans, Swiftech Helix or Yateloons.

These fans will work well with low to mid FPI rads.

Which radiators are you talking about if you don't mind me asking?

For premium rad fans, AP-53s, Vardars, eLoop B12s, Noctua as far as I can remember. For budget fans, Swiftech Helix or Yateloons.

These fans will work well with low to mid FPI rads.

Im buying sobe's xt45, and will get another one to match it. I wont be going too crazy, but I would like push pull setup on the radiators. Ill shop around a bit on those, maybe i can find a deal on some :)

Not the best fans for all out performance Bob but I use Bitfenix Spectre Pwm Led fans. They have decent static pressure and their sound quality is as good as the Gentle Typhoon Ap 15's I have. I grabbed mine on sale at SuperBiiz for 7.99 ea, which was more the reason I purchased them. They've been running about 10 hours a day 5 days a week for over a year without issue.

Which brand R9 390's do you have? I was looking at waterblocks for these a little bit ago, and unless some people started making specific blocks for them the EK blocks only supported the non Strix Asus and the XFX cards with old inductors.

Back