• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Spreadsheet for testing water cooling.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Eddie Current

I am trying to learn both how to water cool a PC and how to overclock the MB at the same time. I've started making up a spreadsheet and am looking for input as to what variables one might change during the process of OCing a MB.

Welcome to OCF!!:welcome:

If you'd please share some basic information, i.e., the components of your rig, it'd be easier to advise, maybe even help.

We have Stickies posted in the various sub-forums such as CPU's or Cooling that include both some generic guides as well as some downright specific. And the reviews include a lot of good overclocking insight on specific products as well.

Enjoy the forums!

Eddie... create a signature with a list of your hardware. :)

Check out the bulldozer overclocking guide in my sig. ;)

Thanks ED, but I don't have that option. I did read the "Bulldozer Guide" as well as the AMD "Overclockers Guide" that is in your link :) Like I said before, I'm looking to do is come up with a way to track my changes and the effects of those changes have as I change the system.

Robert, I just noticed you too are from the great state of Texas, what area? I'm in the Houston area!

Last edited by a moderator:
Amd isn't my thing. But it stands to reason to have you HTT, cpu multiplier, core voltage, nb voltage... the amd crew will get you aquaria away.

I wasn't sure where to put this question. Being I'm working with an AMD- FX-8350, I figured I couldn't go wrong posting it here.

Ok, So far I have:

CPU Clock Ratio
CPU Northbridge Frequency
CPU Host Clock
PCI-E Clock
HTT increase
Secondary Multiplier OC
CPU Vcore
CPU NB VID
NB Voltage
DRAM Voltage
NB/PCIe/PLL Voltage Control
LLC (Load Line Calibration)

Other things I will note will be general setting (things either enabled or disabled) for a given profile.

just leave the pcie clocks on auto, I borkd a board messing with that.
you need your dram speeds and timings, with those you will KNOW that memory buys you nothing other than benchmarking.

When I'm done with it I will share it. I was on an extremely long conference call that I had little input on and went a little over the top with this one, but should be good for keeping up with changes in the long run.

Regarding the spreadsheet part of the question: I use a pencil and piece of paper and record the various changes I make during an OC session. Trying to run a spreadsheet in the background is just one more background app chewing up resources that I would rather have available for the OC session. You can always load your data into a spreadsheet later. If you do you can probably make more hay with the data and share it more easily later, no doubt.

Trying to run a spreadsheet in the background is just one more background app chewing up resources that I would rather have available for the OC session. You can always load your data into a spreadsheet later. If you do you can probably make more hay with the data and share it more easily later, no doubt.

Yea, Thats the process I use. :thup:

and pick a couple of benchmarks, I KNOW some people just hate pc mark but it and sisoft sandra bench the system as a whole.

Back