• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SP's AMD build!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
You have the infrastructure, you should simply sell the 6300 and get an 8320.

No point...
'cause I'd shut down 4 cores and OC like mad.

Better off getting another 6300 (play the lottery) or a 4300 and OCing instead of spending more $$$ on a octo-core monster I'll never use ;)

The problem with low chips is that they're all octo core chips that didn't make the cut

Don't see the point honestly. Clearly 83x0s clock significantly higher (which is what you want?)

For example, mine runs 5400 at 1.55v. No clue what 1.66v would let it get to....

The problem with low chips is that they're all octo core chips that didn't make the cut

Hmmmm..........

Link to proof please.
IIRC RGone mentioned that in a post.
Don't see the point honestly. Clearly 83x0s clock significantly higher (which is what you want?)

For example, mine runs 5400 at 1.55v. No clue what 1.66v would let it get to....

This is true..... Hmmm..

I have dialed back the OC by 100Mhz.... 4.95Ghz. Trying to reduce Vcore as much as I can.
You are right, it's not worth the extra volts just to say "I game at 5Ghz".

Sorry, I would have found links (and planned to when I got home, which is now), but I was on the OCF app on my phone when I posted that earlier.

Clock on we will :salute:

Instead of killing my chip, I just remembered I haven't bothered with my RAM yet. So it's RAM time.
Here's what I have so far:
4.95.PNG

And here's what it gets in maxxmem preview:
MaxxMEM2_k4719.jpg

NB voltage is what I need to adjust to get higher NB frequency correct?
I'd like to see if there's any difference before I try other timings and speeds.

Also, should I aim for faster RAM, or tighten my timings at the current speed instead?
These Ripjawsz are rated for 9-9-9-24 2T @ 1600....

CPU/NB for higher NB frequency. 1.4v is a good spot. Temps WILL go up.
Should be able to get into the 2500 range at least.

CPUz SPD tab?

Mobile right now, I'll get us spd shots in the morning.

@Austin
Nope, these are the 9-9-9-24 @ 1600 ones.
Though, they do run fine at the speed and timings you mentioned.

Oddly enough, I can't find the exact same model on Gskill's site :shrug:

What's the IC? (Check it by the serial)

9-11-10-28 @ 1866 is another standard timing set from G.SKILL.
If you have a set that's the same IC's they used at the higher timings there's a good chance you can run those same (or close to the same) timings.

I don't know that this statement is true. My FX4130 hits [email protected] ambient all day everyday. Maybe I'll take it cold soon. Of course the lottery is a huge factor, but I don't believe the statement that more cores=higher clockes.

What's the IC? (Check it by the serial)

9-11-10-28 @ 1866 is another standard timing set from G.SKILL.
If you have a set that's the same IC's they used at the higher timings there's a good chance you can run those same (or close to the same) timings.

Samsung IC.

And yes, I can run those timings up to DDR 2000 ;)

Got the NB up to 2420. Stable, but Windows media player doesn't always play music, which only happens with unstable NB frequencies... So I'll bump the NB volts more. CPU NB v is at 1.3 Volts.

SPD & Maxxmem
The RAM passed memtest86+ this morning at those timings. (one pass, then I booted to Windows)

spd.PNG MaxxMEM2_81403.jpg

EDIT: Also, how can I get Linx? and get it running? everytime I try nothing happens because it's not an Intel chip it says...

Back