• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SSD Force 3 60 200mb/70mbs Slow Speeds

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Se7en256

I can not figure out how to improve my read/write speeds for my SSD. Its advertised 500mb/480mb or so, AS SSD shows 190mb/70mb. Speccy says its using mode SATA 3 6.0. AS SSD has told me its used drivers msahci, AMD-SATA, I even got a Marvel driver to run on it. Regedit has two setting I read that need to be set to 0, the msahci driive and some other. I tried the drivers at gigabyte, the preinstall version when installing a fresh windows driver has a help file and says to go to Device Manager and update drivers from there... best driver is installed it says, standard driver or if any others are installed it keeps them, I try starting from standard for updating to point Device Manager at the .inf, Catalyst needs to be running/.NET Framework errors. The chipset "install most all drivers file" from Gigabyte installs AMD-SATA for one of the Standard AHCI 1.1 leaving two AHCI 1.1(its Marvel port 6-7), (ill try first uninstall feature, 1 sec). The SSD has the latest fireware of 5.05. In the last 34 hours, I have tried 3 different installs of windows 7 64 and ever windows XP 32, all give same read/write results.

I installed a new copy of windows with one SSD plugged in a 6-7 eSATAG port AHCI (RAID setting for 0-4 does a BSOD) enabled in bios with 4/5 port to act as SATA(not IDE). Then I got 2 eSATAG ports(Marvel) set to AHCI and these ports are the only ones that let my SSD run at SATA 3 6.0 but no boost in performance. People have 2 of these SSD's in Raid 0 1000mb speeds. I ran a setup.exe and it required Catalyst Control Panel to start up and I get .NET Framework errors with having to kill the process, for the windows preinstall AHCI Marvel file from Gigabyte. Im going to try installing/updating .NET Framwork, uninstalling and reinstallng.

In Device Manager, I got every port enabled of ATA 0-5 (IDE is standard driver), 3 standards showing with AHCI 1.1 (one changes to AMD-SATA, 2 change to Marvel), the rest are 0-4 BIOS setting choice of IDE/Raid/AHCI/SATA... SATA II only but, 0-5 are SATA III capable.

My SSD 30g with max allowed SATA II reads/writes just as slow as my SSD 60g on mode SATA III. Any ideas to help figure this out is awesome, I have tried tackling this maybe 5 different times over 4 years and nothing.

I need to try resetting the BIOS too, Fail Save or Optimized Settings

My last resort is to get a SATA Floppy drive for preinstall drivers at installing a fresh windows copy.

My System today is...
Operating System
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1
CPU
AMD FX-8320 (8-core) 27 °C
Vishera 32nm Technology
RAM
8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 666MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard
Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. GA-990FXA-UD5 (Socket M2) 37 °C
Graphics
VX2268wm (1680x1050@120Hz)
3071MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti (NVIDIA) 32 °C
Storage
(SATA II only is max) 29GB Corsair CSSD-V32GB2 ATA Device (SSD)
(SATA III is max) 55GB Corsair Force 3 SSD ATA Device (SSD)
Optical Drives
No optical disk drives detected
Audio
ASUS Xonar DX Audio Device
Network
Intel(R) 82575EB Gigabit Network Connection #1
Intel(R) 82575EB Gigabit Network Connection #2

Last edited:
Well, I found that AS SSD Benchmark is not good for testing max read/write speeds. I used ATTO Disk Benchmark and everything is fine.

Back